Other databases (1 Viewer)

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:21
Hi !
Maybe I'm wrong but this section seems to be the best choose for asking for a favor.

I wish to learn how to use Access in order to open other databases (other formats like databases built under Fox, DB, Oracle etc.) but I have nothing to experiment with.
So, please, give me some samples databases to play with.

You can upload here or send me directly: alt.mihai@yahoo.com
If you have time for some instructions will be great. Remember please: I start from scratch.

Thank you !

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:21
I don't have any dBase or FoxPro databases to send to you but you can make a dBase file yourself by right-clicking on a table and choosing Export. If you have the dBase driver loaded, it will show up as an option. I think newer versions of Access don't support FoxPro any more so I can't help you there. As for Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, you will need these applications loaded on your PC to create the tables or at least have access to a database on a server with the necessary permissions for you to link to tables there.

Once you have exported one of your tables to dBase, you can then do the reverse and link to it. Notice when you see it appear in the tables list that it will be identified as db-> rather than just -> for Jet/ACE linked tables. ODBC links to SQL Server, et al show up as globes.

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:21
Thank you very much, Pat.

If you or others will have more advices for me, please, let me know.
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom