Our jobs are on the Line - AI is on the case! (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:07
OpenAI’s GPT-3 Algorithm Is Now Producing Billions of Words a Day

We could or the out of a job soon folks!

Extract:-
developers with special access to an early API rapidly discovered new (and unexpected) things GPT-3 could do with naught but a prompt. It wrote passable poetry, produced decent code, calculated simple sums, and with some edits, penned news articles.

"produced decent code"

How long before it's writing decent Microsoft Access applications!

conception_native_0123

Local time
Yesterday, 19:07
this will not happen. nothing beat human intellect. machine can not beat a brain. brain evolves. machine does not. machine learns only. brain not composted of bits and bytes. sorry. :) this will yes take hold in big cities. not outside. not to some degree anyway

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I have a theory to propose...

What came first, the chicken or the egg? Did organic life form come before silicon AI? Are you sure? On earth it appears that humans evolved from organic roots. But could those roots have been delivered by an asteroid? This delivery mechanism could be the result of silicon AI always being out there in the ether, and they designed organic life forms. They seeded the universe via asteroids.

You may say, well someone must have created these silicon life forms? I would answer, who created the universe?

Edit: Just thought that organic life forms could have created AI, then AI creates some organic life forms, then organic life forms create new AI and so on.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:07
When AI creates AI and SkyLab becomes self-aware on August 29th, 2023 "It's game over man!"

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
When AI creates AI and SkyLab becomes self-aware on August 29th, 2023 "It's game over man!"
Taking all of the science fiction type of plots out there, about essentially self-governing and self-improving technology (like you're mentioning), I rarely see any discussion of the possibility that the computer actually decides the human race should be preserved.

Could there be any path to an ultimate logic-conclusion by the AI, where the outcome is to preserve and uphold the human race? Best case scenario we'd probably be work-slaves though!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
While it is in the realm of science fiction, Isaac Asimov wrote a short story that every programmer should read. It is called "The Last Question" and is one of his most famous works. It puts a whole new spin on AI. Search for it, you might find a readable copy online.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Its Here:-

And a thread with it Here:-

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
AI may be able to write better code than I can, but let's see it deal with the pesky users! :p

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
AI may be able to write better code than I can, but let's see it deal with the pesky users! :p
Excellent point!

See if it can take "I want a report that shows me the important stuff" , to, code.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Does anyone else think it's a really bad idea to send welcome messages into the cosmos?
Check out his rib cage, he's not messin' around :D

1619738979605.png

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The original Alien when Sigourney Weaver climbs into the spacesuit near the end of the movie is one of the most paused video moments in the history of video. :D

conception_native_0123

Local time

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I am reminded of a phrase I learned in college regarding helping people with their computer classwork: "Artificial intelligence cannot cope with natural stupidity."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom