Out of stack space error (1 Viewer)

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:40
I get this error on one end user's machine.

I don't have this error on my machine nor any other machine the application installed on.
Is there any way to identify where this error come from ?

Thanks

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 15:40
Something is calling a routine over and over.
Put in error traps and breaks to locate it.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:40
Check the links in the Similar Threads area at the bottom of the page. Sounds like "recursive calls" as ranman says.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:40
If this is happening on only one user's machine, there is a chance that there is a damaged or missing file that somehow leads to the recursion that my colleagues mentioned.

The other possibility is that somehow a routine can call itself under some circumstances, and that in the case attempted by the user, that call incorrectly manages itself. You need to work with your user to see exactly what they attempted just before that error came up, because that will help you to locate the beginning of the path that leads to that condition.

One last thought: By any chance do you have a subroutine that attempts to pass an entire array or other complex object by value? The default for complex objects is by reference, but if you managed to pass a large object by value, Access has to copy that on the stack, which chews through stack space a lot.

One last question: Was the error specifically "Out of stack space" or did it include some mention of "Stack overlaps Heap" or similar wording?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom