Outlook Linked Table ID (1 Viewer)

Saphirah

Local time
Today, 05:02
Hey guys,

so i ran into this interesting problem and i do not know how to solve it.
I created a linked table to one of my outlook email inboxes to access my mails within access. This will automatically create the following table:
View attachment 80769
Now as you can see there is no Primary Key or any sort of ID (Like an AutoNumber) you can use to reference the email to another table.
In addition to that you can not edit the table, as it is a linked table and is automatically handled by the source.

Now my question. How can i create a reference/relationship using this table? My current approach would be to search for the Received and the Subject field, but this would require me to use 2 fields in every table i want to link this email to, and may return unexpected results.

Edit: And how can i make the image appear in my post? ^^

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:02
Each item in Outlook gets assigned a unique EntryID, but I think it's only accessible via code.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:02
Don't know if everyone is denied permission to view your attachment, but I am. My question is why are you continually creating a table when you can probably do it once and then append records thereafter. Once the table is created by this method, add an autonumber primary field and switch the method to append. Or are you looking for some other type of pk?

Re your edit - I just click the 'add image' icon and either navigate to or drag a pic file into the popup window.

Saphirah

Local time
Today, 05:02
Each item in Outlook gets assigned a unique EntryID, but I think it's only accessible via code.
Thank you very much for this info. As you probably already guessed i try to link outlook emails in access.
Then i will just pass the email as a MailItem from Outlook to Access, get the Entry ID and then store this.
In addition to that i can retrieve the email again by using the GetItemFromID function.

For further informations and other people reading this, here is a link

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:02
Thank you very much for this info. As you probably already guessed i try to link outlook emails in access.
Then i will just pass the email as a MailItem from Outlook to Access, get the Entry ID and then store this.
In addition to that i can retrieve the email again by using the GetItemFromID function.

For further informations and other people reading this, here is a link
Hi. Thanks for the update. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom