Page breaking problem (1 Viewer)

S

Sylvialn

Here's we go - I have an initial form where the user selects options 1-9 on a form to sort by. Based on their choice, a query is ran and put in order by the user’s choice onto a report. Choice #1 is the primary key. Choices 2-9 are the other fields shown on the report. If a user selects choice 1, the report is sorted by #1 on the report. If the user selects one choice from #2-9, the report is sorted by #2-9(whichever selected) and then by #1. I need to know how I can get the report to page break after each initial sort (ex - user selects #3 (sort by city). the report is sorted by city, then by the id number (#1). I need it to page break after every different city - so that when it's a new city, it prints on a new page).

KevinM

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:53
You have to use grouping footers and change the property to 'force new page' to 'After Section'

BUT, I don't know if you need to change what to Group by depending on the sort order selected. If so then you can use an iif expression in the Grouping box relating to the number selected on the form.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom