Pagenumber / Page N of M not incrementing (1 Viewer)

D

Darth Access

I'm using CR 8.5 for an invoicing system. I have many records grouped on three levels, which produce a batch seperate invoices in one 'preview'.

In the Page Header I have suppressed a section when Pagenumber >1.
In the Page Footer I have the built in formula [Page N of M].

The problem I have is that sometimes an invoice will go onto two pages, but the pagenumber formula shows page 1 on the invoices second page and it shows [Page 1 of 1] on page 2 aswell.

Items on the second page are text objects in group footers (if that's of any help). The report also include sub reports.

In addition, I do not know how CR handles having multiple sheets in the one batch. e.g. if 10 invoices are printed in a batch and all are on one side each except the 10th invoice with is on two sides... All should have Page [1 of 1] on them except the 10th side which should have [Page 1 of 2] and the 11th which should have [Page 2 of 2]. This is how I want it to behave, rather than having [Page 1 of 1] on _each_ side of paper. I'm at a loss...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 17:13
In order to overcome this, I believe that you must force the report to do 2 passes so that it can determine how many pages are on the report before it does the "display pass." It's been quite a while since I've had to do this so I don't remember exactly how you do it. But, you might find that info (multiple passes, or passes) in the help file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom