Passing Parameters to a Data Access Page (1 Viewer)

stevie6410

Local time
Today, 17:28
Hi,

I have a database which is tracking tooling in an engineering company. I would like it to be a web based app (frontend), so that anybody with IE can use the database. However I have fallen at the first hurdle.
I have set up a data access page to work from a query which searches my main table by part number. However, when the DAP tries to read the query it throws up a large unwieldy dialogue box for the user to input the search criteria. I would like for the user to enter this inofrmation into a text box and search that way. I have found an article on MSDN which does exactley what I want to do. (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140012(office.10).aspx). But I am stuck when it asks me to change the "OnClick" event. Obviously I can do this in a standard form, but I cannot see where to do it on the DAP??? Am I reading the instructions wrong??? Please help as I need to get this working ASAP... Thanks!!!

Rebeccah

Local time
Today, 09:28
I kind of wish someone had answered you. I'm a total Access newbie, working with Data Access Pages, and would love to know how to implement code to execute on an onclick() event.

Rebeccah

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom