Password win 7 (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Yesterday, 21:48
I just pulled out one of my old computer to use as a back up. It is a Asus with Win 7. It wants a password. I haven't used it in over a year. I don't even remember using a password with this computer, but evidently I did as I have a password recorded in another computer for the Asus, but it doesn't work. Where do I go from here?
D&A

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:48
Since this is old and you are using it as a "backup" ...

Push F9 when you boot your notebook (when you see the Asus logo) then you should acess the reinstallation utility

When you have done the installation, you should update your notebook to the latest drivers.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Since this is old and you are using it as a "backup" ...

Push F9 when you boot your notebook (when you see the Asus logo) then you should acess the reinstallation utility

When you have done the installation, you should update your notebook to the latest drivers.

Will I lost all the apps like access and word etc.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Absolutely!! caution is advised. Unless you have the disks, the programs that came with the Asus will be reinstalled but nothing else. If you can't crack the password, it's merely a door stop anyway. ;)

Last edited:

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Absolutely!! caution is advised. Unless you have the disks, the programs that came with the Asus will be reinstalled but nothing else. If you can't crack the password, it's merely a door stop anyway. ;)
Is there a limit on how many tries I get?
I just notice that it has a line that says password hint: Weapon. That sounds logical since I am a gun nut, but I am gun nut with a bad memory, so it doesn't help much. When I log in as a guest I don't have a WiFi Icon in the tool tray. I am goggling that now on this computer.
My wife's computer 5 months old is on its way to HP, but I am trying to get another computer up and running so we can correspond, as I am leaving on a trip in three days. 5 computer and only this one (Dell) that is operable.
Thanks for your help

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I don't think so.

I could probably guess your password:

NRA?
Second Amendment?
"Do you feel lucky?"

lol just kidding.

That's funny, I like that, however, after thinking about what restaurant I use to use that computer it reminded me that the KJV is often refereed to as sword of the word. My memory comes up with KJV and 1611 but not what is in between. I have tried 9 combinations of KJV/1611 so far, but nothing.
Do you have any idea why guest user doesn't have a network icon in the task/tool bar and the system section of on off network icon is off but will not switch on. It is greyed out. I have tred "restore default icon behavior" but it is still greyed out.
Even If I give that computer with guest only it would be ok as long as she could get on internet while I gone.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I got it 1911 the ole stand by.

We should start a new thread:

Guess Dick's password haha

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I got it 1911 the ole stand by.

We should start a new thread:

Guess Dick's password haha

I appreciate your good sense of humor. I will treat whoever figures out my password to the best Chinese buffet in the whole United States and Texas. I also just ran across a db that had the KJV/1611 password in it's entirety. and it was an old password for my AOL account. I am going to take your advise and just re-load (pun -intended). I remembered that I have 365 so I can load the apps back in. The data is backed up four place,three if they mess up my hard drive at HP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom