personality profiler (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 09:32
anybody here know how delete firefox peraonslity profiler? what i find is that it is created everytime new version of firefox is open. i keep deleting it with batch file when i close firefox but it keeps appearing. files like this slow down browser and i want to get rid of it. i attach a picture of what is created every time. i wonder how i can get rid of it? it slowing down the browser like many useless files. :(

profiler.jpg

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I found this article, interestingly enough from a former member whose unforgiving approach to some things got him banished more than once.

It would appear you can use Firefox settings to turn off the data collection feature.

conception_native_0123

Local time
yes thanks you doc man. i also found things but do not know if relevant. here is all i found but some of them are about something call telematry. do not know what that is

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
As to your original question? You can't delete the profiler. You can only try to turn it off. It is built in to Firefox and every time you update to a new version you will get another profiler. What bothers me is how many files of type .JSONLZ4 were archived. I dumped a BUNCH of files that were eating up space on my machine. Thanks for asking the question 'cause it let me get rid of megabytes of trash files once I knew to look for them.

Now the bad news: Win10 ALSO does this. I'll have to see about curtailing some of MS's data gathering as well.

conception_native_0123

Local time
you are welcome doc man. :) it is depressing to me how much junk is on computer like this. it does show many people all over world that clicking buttons. corporations getting billions of dollars and they are not even working for it. :( makes me sad. but it takes much work for many of us to get rid of it to keep things clean. :(

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
For what it is worth, my early days with the U.S Navy were mostly keeping things clean because the sailors didn't know how or didn't care to do it. I use to sign myself as "Sr. Systems Janitor." Used that name for a long time until some stuffed shirt civil service person took offense.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Sr. Systems Janitor." Used that name for a long time until some stuffed shirt civil service person took offense.

some day i feel like nothing but janitor too. :( thank you for that. speaking of taking offense i do not know why everyone take offense to everything nowadays. i think it has do with technology and others. other things could be any. not sure.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I actually have a simple answer for that: Arrogance. People take offense when you dare to voice an opinion that differs from their own because they just KNOW in their heart of hearts that they are always right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom