Solved Picture on form not updating as it should (1 Viewer)

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Today, 05:45
I have a simplish database whch i have made to keep track of my game collection ( and yes there are other optiuons but none did what i wanted )

so i have a simple search which in the below attached pictures you can see is my error and reason for this post, as i searched for the game 688 and all details appeard but the game cover was for APB

but then when i remove APB from the table as shown below it works, but it is running of the ID number so I dont know why it picks the wrong image

please help and cheers

Attachments

• right.png
    right.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 263
  • wrong.png
    wrong.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 235
  • wrong1.png
    wrong1.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 259
  • GD 2020.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 270

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 01:45
Took me forever to figure out.
Remove the ControlSource left in the image control. Should be unbounded.

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Star, cheers

MajP

Local time
FYI to make this much easier. Use a bound image control.
Save all images using the ID number.
Have a Settings table where you can store and change the default path to the folder. Store all images in a folder. Put that path in your settings table.
Now you can make a query that concatenates the path and the image id. And voila the image appears. Super flexible and no really code needed. Also these are pretty small images but will take up a lot of size in your db. Also I do not think it is portable if you need to create a new db or the db crashes.

MajP

Local time
FYI,
If you plan to put the folder into the same folder as the database then you do not even need the settings table. You can pull the current project directory in code and then reference the subfolder.

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
ok but could i just not name the pics the same as ID number ?

and what if you dint mind would the code look like ( using the best air code/back of fag packet )

MajP

Local time
You can use a name like you have. Keep names short and no spaces or character and unique. I can give you a demo. Gallery is nice for a few images but painful for that many

MajP

Local time
Sorry. I forgot to post this thread.
Take a look. There is a function in the module. And I did a form in continuous view. Using the function is not as efficient as a pure sql example but gave a little more flexibility here. There is a form FrmDemo too that show continuous view.

Attachments

• GD 2020.accdb
    4.8 MB · Views: 278

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom