Playstation 3 Games (1 Viewer)

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 14:54
So, after my last post in the other thread about not having a new PC or anyplace to put a PC at the moment, I've bought my hubby a PS3 for Christmas that can double as a Blu-ray player. I read the other thread about favorite PS3 games, but I thought I would start up a new one so I could see what games people might recommend for the PS3.

So, what do you say? What are the best PS3 games out there right now? :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 20:54
What are the best PS3 games out there right now? :)

Do you want to virtually kill someone? There's plenty of games that allow you to massacre a whole country if you want to play at being a US president.

What games does he like? My preference is the car racing games like Formula 1.

Col

rustyCrVx

The Post is a Lie
Local time
Never played these but had heard that they were good so you might rent them and check them out or read up on them to see what you think:

Metal Gear Solid 4
&
Dead Space

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Thanks, guys. I looked up a couple of games mentioned here and on the other thread just to get some ideas. Ideally, we'll have something that he can play while the kids are still up, and something he can play after they are in bed. :cool:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Thanks, guys. I looked up a couple of games mentioned here and on the other thread just to get some ideas. Ideally, we'll have something that he can play while the kids are still up, and something he can play after they are in bed. :cool:

Either way it'll have to be some war game or a mercenary killing type game, that's the only games kids like to do these days it seems.

It'll be good practice for them to get used to it. Show them your gun and try to teach them it is wrong to kill and then explain why they can kill in a game but not in reality, then explain why you keep a gun - what's the difference?

Col

chergh

blah
Local time
Either way it'll have to be some war game or a mercenary killing type game, that's the only games kids like to do these days it seems.

It'll be good practice for them to get used to it. Show them your gun and try to teach them it is wrong to kill and then explain why they can kill in a game but not in reality, then explain why you keep a gun - what's the difference?

Col

Why don't you piss off back to the politics fourm and keep your vile and vitriol in there.

On topic:

I don't have a PS3 but a few of my mates do and when I've been visiting them I've had great fun playing Little Big Planet, it really is great fun and suitable for kids and grown ups alike.

Grand Theft Auto IV is also an excellent game but keep the kiddies away from it.

The "Orange Box" is also great, have it on my PC. You get a few games in this pack such as Half Life 2 and Episodes 1 and 2 for it, Portal which is just brilliant and Team Fortress 2 which is an online cartoon shooter, but the orange box is worth buying for Portal alone.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Why don't you piss off back to the politics fourm and keep your vile and vitriol in there.

Hmmm, sensitive little soul arn't you?

Listen sonny, in the USA the main love is money, the second is guns. Kids will need to get used to using guns and having guns owned by their parents in the house. Cindy has a gun and despite her christian beliefs has said she would be happy to kill an intruder, at some point Cindy will need to teach the kids about learning to kill another human being, they will also need to handle the gun.

Therefore a game that allows kids to kill is a good introduction to what they will need to do in real life in the USA when they reach teenage years.

If you had been reading the posts about shooting intruders you will conclude that most (if not all) US posters here would be happy to kill an intruder with no questions asked.

Col

chergh

blah
Local time
Funny I always had you down as a member of the Tony Martin fanclub with your daily mail drivel.

Anyway I don't need a miserable racist, i.e. you, to tell me about America, or anything else for that matter. In fact every American I have encountered either on a forum or in real life has been preferable to you.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Thanks chergh. Hadn't heard of the Orange Box. We played Half-Life on the PC years ago but never got HL2. I'll definitely check that one out.

Sad that a question about games for the PS3 has to turn into the same drivel that's posted on every other thread in the non-access part of the forums.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Racist? I had to laugh at that one, if only you knew.

Cindy - Pointing out the dangers that these games can have on young minds is not "drivel" - however if that's the way you see it then fair enough. Tell the thug who is re-enacting Grand Theft Auto killings that it's all drivel.

Col

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
You can get over yourself any time. Asking for someone's opinion on good games for PS3 was not an invitation for you to express your opinion, yet again, on how terrible American society is so I may as well let my kids play shoot-em-up games to practice for later life. By the way, I thought you played Grand Theft Auto and liked it, didn't you? What were you "practicing" for? Or was it just a game for you? Really, I'm sick of the pompousness.

SQL_Hell

SQL Server DBA
Local time
Hi MrsGorilla

I don't play ps3 personally, I have xbox360. But a lot of the games cross both platforms anyway:

Recomendations:

Call of Duty world at war : WW2 shooting, good graphics.
Bioshock : shooting and puzzle type game (very good)
GTA 4 : gangster drama, cars and guns and general badness
Tomb raider : Obvious really
Lego batman : Good fun, non serious game. boring after a while tho

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:54
Hi MrsGorilla

I don't play ps3 personally, I have xbox360. But a lot of the games cross both platforms anyway:

Recomendations:

Call of Duty world at war : WW2 shooting, good graphics.
Bioshock : shooting and puzzle type game (very good)
GTA 4 : gangster drama, cars and guns and general badness
Tomb raider : Obvious really
Lego batman : Good fun, non serious game. boring after a while tho

To the Interloper who is distracting, if not attempting to hijack this thread:
I agree that pointing out the dangers that you think these games can have on young minds is not "drivel" (to you). However, it is fairly clear that not everyone agrees with you, or the game would not be top sellers.

There are far better ways to get your point across, other than than by taking cheap shots at Americans as you tend to do all too frequently. Comments of that type have no place in the main forums anyway. From what I have seen, few (if any) of the regular people in here have ever disrespected you or anyone else. I would ask you to consider the fact that that lumping all Americans into a single category, is similar to lumping all people of Islamic heritage, Asian heritage, or African heritage into categories, and I am sure that most people here would find that to be both disrespectful and distasteful.
With that said, I would like to return to the purpose of this thread.

My Son has an XBox 360, and plays Call Of Duty (several versions) with his friends. On at least one version, he actually goes online to play against/with some of his friends.

I am not sure which Call of Duty games are available on the PS3, but no matter, they are all good, although I am not suggesting them for children under teens (maybe 10). As for Online? I have no idea about that with PS3.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I thought you played Grand Theft Auto and liked it, didn't you?

I did like GTA but got bored with it. I found F1 car racing and the Daakar rally game more fun.

I still think games like GTA are not suitable for youngsters. There are several instances in the UK where young people hijack cars etc, in an attempt to emulate the hero of these type of games.

It is difficult for parents of small children, the (children) will be subject to peer pressure and will want what others kids have irrespective of how sensible parents try to be. It is exactly the same in the UK - except we don't have loaded guns around the house.

I apologise for any upset I may have caused you, you have beautiful kids and I know you will do your best always for them. God bless America and all who sail in her.:)

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
*Rubs eyes then faints*

Cindy didn't deserve my caustic comments - we have been friends for many years.

Col

ps - apart from that, her husband could kill me with one blow of his little finger.:eek:

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
I did like GTA but got bored with it. I found F1 car racing and the Daakar rally game more fun.

Some of them do look fun, I'll have to do some checking.

I still think games like GTA are not suitable for youngsters.

I'm in absolute agreement with you here.

It is difficult for parents of small children, the (children) will be subject to peer pressure and will want what others kids have irrespective of how sensible parents try to be. It is exactly the same in the UK - except we don't have loaded guns around the house.

We don't have loaded guns either. We have one that is currently unloaded. It is just too much of a risk to have one loaded with the little ones about. We do have a monitored alarm system and a big dog, and haven't had too much of a concern in the area where we live fortunately. As far as the games go, I absolutely agree that little ones should not be exposed to these things. Unfortunately, there are many irresponsible parents who either allow their kids to play these things and/or haven't done a good job of teaching right from wrong. Occasionally a kid will go wrong regardless of the best intentions of the parents but most times a kid's bad behavior can be traced back to poor parenting.

I apologise for any upset I may have caused you, you have beautiful kids and I know you will do your best always for them. God bless America and all who sail in her.:)

I appreciate that Col. No worries. :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I appreciate that Col. No worries. :)

Thanks Cindy. I'll try not to upset this thread anymore.

Back to the topic - good luck with your choices, let us know what you get.

Col

ps - How about a body building game or a game where you "become" a person in a family and have to eat, exercise, take the dog out etc.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Thanks Cindy. I'll try not to upset this thread anymore.

Back to the topic - good luck with your choices, let us know what you get.

Thanks. It is coming with one game but I had considered buying another one, just to have some different things to try out, plus to have something that we can play with/in front of the kiddos.

ps - How about a body building game or a game where you "become" a person in a family and have to eat, exercise, take the dog out etc.

Ugh. We have that already. It's called life. Not much escapism there. :D

Speaking of which, it always makes me wonder about all those games like Second Life, in which you have this alter ego online that has a job, money, property, etc. I've wondered what the big draw is. :confused: I guess you can be someone totally different than the person you are in real life, but still, shouldn't you be out living your real life instead?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I guess you can be someone totally different than the person you are in real life, but still, shouldn't you be out living your real life instead?

Sometimes real life isn't up to much.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom