please advise me !!! (1 Viewer)

hohai610

Local time
Today, 10:12
Hello everyone
I'm trying to create a Table of contents in a Ms Access Form that can have drop down lists like the picture. Is this possible to do so ?
Please give advices Thank you so much
Screenshot 2022-04-11 160800.png

Last edited:

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:12
What version of Access are you using, and is out 32bit or 64bit?

What you seek is called a treeview control.

They are quite complicated at first, but there is plenty of help in this forum on hire to use them.

Newer versions of Access no longer have the control natively, but there are alternatives you can use.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
What version of Access are you using, and is out 32bit or 64bit?

What you seek is called a treeview control.

They are quite complicated at first, but there is plenty of help in this forum on hire to use them.

Newer versions of Access no longer have the control natively, but there are alternatives you can use.
Can you give any advice on what alternative might be used with Assess 2019 (32 bit), please.

hohai610

Local time
Today, 10:12
Im currently using 2013 Ms Access 64bit
i 'd like to create a form with treeview control that can show houses and apartments (apartment renting database)
Please give any help (alternatives)

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:12
There never was a "native" TreeView in Access. - Assuming with "native" you mean built-into Access as opposed to an external ActiveX-Control.

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
There never was a "native" TreeView in Access. - Assuming with "native" you mean built-into Access as opposed to an external ActiveX-Control.
Yes, I was referring to the ActiveX control that was always available in the the list of 'More Controls'.

I am a luddite and only have Access 2k7. As I understand it, more recent versions of Access (perhaps only 64bit) no longer offer the control in the 'More Controls' list

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:12
As I understand it, more recent versions of Access (perhaps only 64bit) no longer offer the control in the 'More Controls' list
The "More Controls" list displays all controls installed on the computer matching the bitness of Microsoft Access. There was indeed a time where there was no MsComCtl-TreeView for 64bit available. However, in 2017 Microsoft released the Common Controls 64bit edition (including the TreeView) and includes those controls in the 64bit setup of Access.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:12
mr. Azli Hassan has a beautiful example of treeview control demo.

Attachments

• ACC_Treeview.accdb
    1,000 KB · Views: 186

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 11:12
Check out this thread at the beginning. It got super long after that.
1. The thread discusses that there is NO native access treeview, which is a crime
2. There is an Active X tree view that is now supported in 32 and 64 bit.
3. There is a third party Treeview made from MS Forms control. I demo that. This is more stable with porting to others.
4. I discuss where to fined the OCX and download if not
5. I provide a huge class to make loading and associating a treeview with Access far easier
6. I demo in the final example about everything I think of that you can do with a treeview Images, drag and drop, right click menus, resorting

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:12
I would use the Tree-view recommended by @MajP before I would ever use an ActiveX control again. Once burned, twice shy. In the early days of Access, when VB was alive and well, there were lots of controls made for VB that would work on Access forms. Once VB was cancelled, that source dried up and so did support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom