Polarization of the two parties (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 05:45
It's probably as bad as I've ever seen it nowadays. What do you guys think?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:45
Right after the Nixon Watergate scandal it was pretty bad. But I think Trump Derangement Syndrome took it to a new high. Or should I perhaps recategorize that as "new low?"

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 06:45
Considering the subjectivity of hyperbolic partisanship it would be difficult to give an approximate date. It's also one of those concepts that you may not have seen coming until it exploded into the social conscience. Seeds of the hyperbolic partisanship were laid during the Obama administration and rapidly metastasized with the election of Trump. (An opinion writer in the Washington Post called for Trump's impeachment on the day Trump was inaugurated.) The Democratic party (illegally) used the tools of government (Russia Hoax, Mueller, Flynn, etc.) to cripple the Trump administration. Moreover, Pelosi and Schumer driven by irrational personal hatred have gone beyond normal sane due process to "get" Trump. Essentially, Third World politics.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
TDS is the irrational hatred of Trump and anyone who voted for him. Nothing he says can ever be right. If Trump said it, it must be a lie. The belief goes so far as to think that he is actually evil and everything he says or does has a nefarious purpose. Hydroxychloroquine is a primary example. His advisors told him that there had been promising studies that indicated that it could be used to minimize the effect of the illness or possibly even prevent it entirely if taken early enough after diagnosis. There was an immediate study that tried Hydroxychloroquine as a late stage treatment for very ill people. Of course it failed and that was that. The Lancet published the bogus study and it became gospel. People still believe today that the study was valid. No one seems to have seen the Lancet article withdrawing approval of the study. Nor can they see subsequent studies because Google, FB, and Twitter are suppressing them. Consequently, hundreds of thousands of people have died because instead of even trying one of the suggested therapeutics, patients were told to suck it up and go to the hospital when they couldn't breath any more.

The real deal with Hydroxychloroquine and other therapeutics is that the FDA would ONLY approve the vaccines for emergency use if there were NO therapeutic drugs available to treat symptoms of COVID. That meant that Hydroxochloriquie and Ivermectin and other therapeutics had to be suppressed at all costs.

TDS also allowed people to believe Hillary's lies for 5 years about Russian collusion. Except that Hillary's lawyer has recently been charged with giving false information to the FBI with Hillary implicated in the affair. That doesn't make much news and isn't likely to go far given the corruption in the FBI and the DOJ but the truth is actually getting out.

TDS was necessary to push so that people would question Trump when he complained about corruption in the 2020 election just like they questioned his comments about being spied on by the FBI (he was spied on indirectly via the FISA warrants illegally obtained to spy on Carter Page and so indirectly Trump and his campaign). Those illegal FISA's were exposed years ago but no one in the FBI went to jail for lying to a FISA court.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I've been aware for some time that our tax dollars have been used to fund organizations that essentially promote a left wing narrative. In conjunction with the current proposals by the Democratic party's control of Congress wanting to "transform" the US and to raise taxes on the rich, JD Vance has added an additional perspective to the government providing "assistance" to left wing causes through exempting them from paying taxes under the guise that they are charities. These "charities" are rich. Shouldn't they pay a fair share in taxes?

As I was typing this, recall that the IRS, under the Obama administration, was obstructing the ability of the Tea Party to organize by questioning (in a negative manner) their ability to obtain tax exempt status. This was another example of the Democrats using the power of the government to obstruct those who are conservative.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If Trump decides to run in 2024, he better have some cabinet appointees who believe that he has good ideas. He was working essentially alone the last time.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 03:45
In my opinion everything you said is true about TDS, but, if i'm totally honest, he nudged it along a bit too. Just by going over the top too often.
The first time you say a rival politician's wife is ugly is pretty much the beginning of nobody listening to you any more - or seeing you quite the same, or something along those lines

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Many things Trump said were objectionable and I wrote to him regularly to complain but it didn't do any good. I remember him calling Rosie O'Donnell ugly but not some politician's wife. I guess some things are better left forgotten.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
WASHINGTON, D.C.—Senate leaders revealed today that Biden's "Build Back Better" infrastructure plan will include $86 Billion for a brand-new Capitol Building construction project. The Capitol will be expanded to hold 100 Senators, 435 Representatives, and 1,423 Pfizer lobbyists.

"Better. Build blur, uh, der der trunalimunumaprzure," said Biden in a forceful speech defending the plan. "Derp rug abba loogey."

A hand then appeared from behind a curtain and injected Biden with some sort of medication, causing Biden to come to his senses.

"These Pfizer people, they're good folks, folks! They know what they're doing! We're just gonna let them run the country for a while, I think. More time for me to watch Murder She Wrote on the television box!"

Officials confirmed that to save time, the Biden administration plans to merge all regulatory agencies with Pfizer. They also confirmed that troops will arrive at your house tonight to administer your booster shot. Cool!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Why is he appearing on sound stages that resemble the Whitehouse?
It's the optics. After the "election", Biden's official looking set had the wording "Office of the President Elect".
The Democrats are into massive displays of (disingenuous) symbolism for the optics. Recall how they solemnly carried the article of impeachment to the Senate.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Why is he appearing on sound stages that resemble the Whitehouse?
Fox answered this question a few minutes ago. If they film from the actual Whitehouse it is harder to hide the teleprompter. It's about cleaning up Biden's bizarre behavior.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Officials confirmed that to save time, the Biden administration plans to merge all regulatory agencies with Pfizer
This should make a lot of SciFi writers appear prescient. The companies that ran those worlds didn't exactly have the "people's" best interest at heart.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Fox answered this question a few minutes ago. If they film from the actual Whitehouse it is harder to hide the teleprompter. It's about cleaning up Biden's bizarre behavior.

I imagine that if you could be a fly on the wall amidst all the Biden team's staging type of activities, you'd find scenes resembling the movie Bowfinger in that scene with the truck hosting a crane holding a tree driving in the lane next to the person they were filming. We only know the surface of it. Babylon Bee is so close to reality this time, they could almost be accused of failing at satire, if I didn't double over laughing at each article.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The Babylon Bee has stated that they are getting warnings regarding their satire on social media, it appears the Dems aren't laughing.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
The Babylon Bee has stated that they are getting warnings regarding their satire on social media, it appears the Dems aren't laughing.
Yes... they've been threatened a lot.. which shows you just how persuasive and effective the points that they make are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom