Politics has exploded (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:23
Has the pandemic sparked a political explosion of gargantuan proportions? There was a rush to arms at the beginning. Is that human natures survival instinct at its most effective, sensing unease during periods of seismic changes.

This section of AWF seems to have ignited recently too. Lots of activity.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:23
I think corona virus isolation has triggered primal fears that cause people to do something for the sake of doing something.

Politics and baking have both experienced increases in popularity.

• Haha
Reactions: Jon

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 10:23
I think recent events (isolation/lockdown, + even-more recent events) have triggered primal fears, but I think those fears are based on real things people are seeing that they feel strongly about. I know every generation says this, and incorrectly feels they are unique in this regard, but I am tempted nonetheless to say that "these are VERY unusual times".

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Well, I remember the words of that old Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times." Looks like we are living that Chinese curse, and our friends from Wuhan in China saw to it. So does that make it a double-barreled Chinese curse?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 10:23
ha ha ha - funny. Yes, probably.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:23
Watch out Doc, we can't name diseases after places because it's racist. Except ones like Ebola, German measles, Hong Hong flu, Lime Disease, etc.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Pat, I believe I have made my "politically incorrect" tendencies well known around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom