Popup form covering Enable Content button (1 Viewer)

DatabaseTash

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:29
Good morning all,
I have a popup form I am using to login to my database. The popup form is covering the Enable Content button which means that it is not possible to login (the enable button needs to be clicked before using the login popup form). The popup form isn't moveable. I have tried this code which I found in another thread, but it still does it.

Code:
On load
Form.Move Left:=750, Top:=400, Width:=12000, Height:=8000

Is it as simple as changing one of the properties?? I have included a shot of the format properties. I have previously tried the Auto Centre Property, but this made it jump even further up the page.

Attachments

• enable issue.pdf
    98.6 KB · Views: 160

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:29
Open the app using the Shift button. Clear the startup form.
Reopen the app normally and click the Enable Content button
Reopen again & reinstate the startup form

OR move the app to a trusted location and the Enable Content button won't appear

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 11:29
This probably isn't the best solution by a long shot, but for a quick fix, could you change the Form's Border Style property to Sizable? Would that enable someone to click behind it on the Enable Content button?

Ultimately, you probably should look into fixing up the environment so that users don't have to click that every time anyway.
There are a few options - individual users' Trust Center settings, or putting the database in a Trusted Location, or editing registry, or deploying an accdr/accde, in which case, I believe that macros/security pop-up will occur earlier, and not on that wide yellow bar after loading.

DatabaseTash

Registered User.
Local time
Open the app using the Shift button. Clear the startup form.
Reopen the app normally and click the Enable Content button
Reopen again & reinstate the startup form

OR move the app to a trusted location and the Enable Content button won't appear
Thanks isladogs
I was looking for a more idiot proof solution as I am rolling it out to other users with limited computer skills.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:29
OK. The best solution is to ensure the location is trusted before they open the app for the first time.
This is done by editing the registry
If that's not possible in your case, slightly reduce the height of the form in design view and/or move it down slightly. Save
OR ... does it need to be popup?

DatabaseTash

Registered User.
Local time
This probably isn't the best solution by a long shot, but for a quick fix, could you change the Form's Border Style property to Sizable? Would that enable someone to click behind it on the Enable Content button?

Ultimately, you probably should look into fixing up the environment so that users don't have to click that every time anyway.
There are a few options - individual users' Trust Center settings, or putting the database in a Trusted Location, or editing registry, or deploying an accdr/accde, in which case, I believe that macros/security pop-up will occur earlier, and not on that wide yellow bar after loading.
Thanks Isaac, that did the trick. The enable content button only appears when I have rolled out a new version. I will talk to IT about the trust Centre settings. Thanks 😊

DatabaseTash

Registered User.
Local time
OK. The best solution is to ensure the location is trusted before they open the app for the first time.
This is done by editing the registry
If that's not possible in your case, slightly reduce the height of the form in design view and/or move it down slightly. Save
OR ... does it need to be popup?
I would prefer it to be a popup. I will talk to IT about the registry. Thanks, have a great day!😊

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 11:29
Thanks Isaac, that did the trick. The enable content button only appears when I have rolled out a new version. I will talk to IT about the trust Centre settings. Thanks 😊
Sounds good, glad you got it working for now. Good luck with your project!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom