Porch Pirates (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:45
There has been an increase in the numbers of thefts from porches. This is termed Porch Piracy!

See video for further information:-

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 09:45
this is not a surprise. this is a result of corporate residual, in the form of trash. and neither the people who cause it or the people who result because of it are even worth thinking about.

deletedT

Local time
Today, 14:45
There has been an increase in the numbers of thefts from porches. This is termed Porch Piracy!

See video for further information:-

I'm at work and I'm not in a situation to watch the video.
Is it UK or US?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:45
Reminds me of a situation we had a couple years ago.

A local street gang was having pounds of Pot shipped from California to local addresses . They would pick a house and watch it to makes sure the residents were not home during the day. Once it was shipped they would track the package on a burner phone and monitor its progress accross the country until delivered. They would then intimidate some poor slob with some kind of threat to go pick up the package from the porch all while secretly watching them. The resident was never aware of anything as they were not expecting any packages. If the person picking it up was arrested it was just the price of doing business to the gang and the sucker couldn't or wouldn't identify the gang. If they were not arrested, once the gang knew that the sucker was not being followed they would call them in their car and tell them a place to drop the package. The gang was well insulated.

I was tangentily involved when one genius figured out what was in the packages and decided to tell the gang that the packages were never delivered without knowing they had been watching the whole time and the UPS tracking app said otherwise . Needless to say things didn't go too well for the guy.

I was impressed with their business model as none of the gang ever faced any drug charges and they operated for a long time. The gun and kidnapping charges are a story for another day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom