Postcode - Updating State and Postcode based on Suburb (1 Viewer)

AdelaideKiwi

Local time
Today, 17:44
I would like my form to auto populate the state and postcode based on the 'after update' of my suburb please.

Thanks AdelaideKiwi

Attachments

• Postcode Update.GIF
    Postcode Update.GIF
    8.7 KB · Views: 104

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:14
I would like my form to auto populate the state and postcode based on the 'after update' of my suburb please.

Thanks AdelaideKiwi

Something's not making much sense to me because the postcode would be at the finest resolution. I would imagine "Suburb" would be the next resolution and a very coarse resolution would be "State". I don't understand how you think that entering a "Suburb"can give you the postcode? It can probably give you the State, but I can't see it giving you the postcode. Bearing in mind I'm in the UK and have no idea how your postcode system works! In any event, I believe more information is required before anyone can answer this question.

AdelaideKiwi

Local time
Today, 17:44
Hi Uncle Gizmo,

I have a table called 'tblPostcode'. A postcode can have a number of suburbs. Each Suburb only has 1 postcode and 1 state.
1612746197192.png

NT means Northern Territory

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Click on video number one on my Nifty Access website here:-

In the video I demonstrate how you can just have a single combo-box, where you could select your suburb and then you could have a couple of text boxes which extract information from the combo box and display your postcode and state on your form automatically. There's no need to record the state and postcode as they already exist in your table and can easily be found.

I can only assume that the three digits you show for the postcode represent the the suburb. I again assume you probably have some more more numbers designating the finer resolution for the post code...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
It can be populated providing you also have a lookup table with all the correct data

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom