Pricing Matrix (1 Viewer)

MoseleyCabinets

Local time
Today, 06:02
Ok, I've banged my head against the desk for a couple of hours now..

I'm trying to turn my old, clunky excel calculator into a db that I can search and modify as needed. I have a Table with all the information per job (feet of base cabinets, feet of upper cabinets, etc etc), I have a table with the cost per foot per material (so a column of Oak-base, upper, vanity, a column or Ash-base, upper, vanity, etc) - how do I get the form to use the correct column (material type) to do the math. 10' of oak base cabinet is $765.00 at $76.5/ft but Alder is $71/ft. I'm probably overlooking the easy solution, and I'm ok with the math taking place on the form.

TLDR - I need help implementing a pricing matrix for a cabinet shop.

Semper Fi,

Jim

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:02
Whilst I think I understand your question, what we really need to see is your data and how it is stored.
What data you've got and what you'd like to get out - an excel mockup would do - enough data to see all the possibilities, and outcomes.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 11:02
I don't believe you would be looking at the correct column. You are thinking Excel.
You would be looking for correct row for the price per foot and multiply that by the length required.?

MoseleyCabinets

Local time
I'll clean out the spreadsheet and upload it in a minute. I'm VERY early in building this, so I'm not afraid to blow it up and start over. It's been close to 15 years since I messed with Access. I couldn't remember my username or even what email I was using back then, but I've gotten some help from you awesome people before ;) My variables per job are the footage of the assemblies, number of doors, number of drawers, material, door style (2 variables) and some misc little stuff. My spreadsheet kind of worked, but keeping a couple of hundred of them isn't great.

Attachments

• PriceEstimater.zip
    265 KB · Views: 87

MoseleyCabinets

Local time
I don't believe you would be looking at the correct column. You are thinking Excel.
You would be looking for correct row for the price per foot and multiply that by the length required.?
So, maybe I structured the table wrong? The Units as column headers and the Material as the Row instead of the other way around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom