Primary Key and Indexed gone (1 Viewer)

JonnysDBnotworking

Local time
Today, 12:13
Hi All,

I have a split database which has worked fine for a while now however I needed to do a compact and repair on the BE around 20 days ago and didn't notice anything different at the time. I've now noticed there are some issues with Autonumbers and when comparing a working back end DB backup (21 days ago) with the current one there are primary keys missing and on one of the fields the "Indexed" has reverted to "No" from "Yes (No Duplicates)".
Is there any recommend way to append the last 20 days of data from the current database into the working backup, I've been looking at posts about appending queries but not having much luck.

Many thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:13
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Depends on your table relationships. If you can isolate the data from the last 20-21 days, you can try to APPEND them to the backup table, but need to keep track of the new and old primary keys though, so you can match them up and update them to the correct ones.

JonnysDBnotworking

Local time
Today, 12:13
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Depends on your table relationships. If you can isolate the data from the last 20-21 days, you can try to APPEND them to the backup table, but need to keep track of the new and old primary keys though, so you can match them up and update them to the correct ones.

Thanks for the reply, as there where quite a few table relationships I spent most of yesterday re-inputting the data. Time for a migration of the back end to SQL I think.

Many thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:13
Thanks for the reply, as there where quite a few table relationships I spent most of yesterday re-inputting the data. Time for a migration of the back end to SQL I think.

Many thanks
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom