Printing Barcoded label (1 Viewer)

RickHunter84

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:15
Hello my friends,

Here I am again asking for some support.

I'm printing a label with the idea of using a barcode scanner, the source for the label is a Query. I'm using = "*" & [Field] & "*" in a unbound textbox, with the font Free 3 of 9 or also known as 39. When looking at the layout view the barcode is complete, but when I switch to print preview and issue the print out the last bars don't print, therefore, the barcode is useless.

The unbound text boxes are set to Grow/Shrink "Yes", I have been scratching my head on this for while, I've tried other similar fonts with some kind of success to later go back to the same dilemma, after modifying the layout of the report. I'm printing vertically, so I need to adjust the text accordingly.

Any idea what could be causing this behavior?

Regards,

Rick

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:15
Hi Rick. Hard to say without seeing it. Are you able to post a demo db to show the problem?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 07:15
i have included 3 of 9 font (from 3 of 9 Barcode Font | dafont.com).
install the font first before running the db.
i already set the font of your barcode to this font.

Attachments

• Xapp v2.00 - Test - Working copy.zip
    2 MB · Views: 632

RickHunter84

Registered User.
Local time
i have included 3 of 9 font (from 3 of 9 Barcode Font | dafont.com).
install the font first before running the db.
i already set the font of your barcode to this font.
Hello,

I followed the steps, but still has the same problem. I have some old labels that printed fine, and I can tell by comparing at the barcode pattern that the new print out are still missing information.

Rick

HiTechCoach

Local time
Yesterday, 18:15
Sounds like the textbox control is not wide enough to display all the data as a barcode. . Try making the control's width larger.

Can Grow will make the control taller, forcing the text to wrap to a second line. This will not work for the 3of9 (39) barcode because it must be on a single line.

RickHunter84

Registered User.
Local time
Sounds like the textbox control is not wide enough to display all the data as a barcode. . Try making the control's width larger.

Can Grow will make the control taller, forcing the text to wrap to a second line. This will not work for the 3of9 (39) barcode because it must be on a single line.
Hello, thank you for your suggestion.

I tried that, still eats part of the barcode making it useless.

Rick

RickHunter84

Registered User.
Local time
I have attached examples of the behavior. I changed font again from google. The label size is 2.3inX3.9in

Attachments

• printpreview.png
    printpreview.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 299
  • layoutview.png
    layoutview.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 551

RickHunter84

Registered User.
Local time
Okay, friends. I'm not sure what was the problem, but here is my solution: I changed the format to portrait. Yes, that's it.

Thank you for everybody that tried to help.

Best regards,

Rick

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:15
Okay, friends. I'm not sure what was the problem, but here is my solution: I changed the format to portrait. Yes, that's it.

Thank you for everybody that tried to help.

Best regards,

Rick
Hi Rick. Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom