Printing the Active Record in a Form to a Report (1 Viewer)

R

Renny

I am haveing problems designing a button in a form to automaticaly print the selected record in the form to a report... The form has several subforms... but all linked... Any help would be greatfully appreciated...
Thanks, Renny

[This message has been edited by Renny (edited 12-06-1999).]

D

D B Lawson

I've just posted the same question! I know that you should be able to do it in the query that the report is built on. In the criteria box for the Primary key, select the build button and select the form and ID field name, ie[Forms]![MyForm]![MyID]. This is the theory, but, having seen it work in another database, I can't get it to work in mine. I don't know if the subform is the problem. If you have any ideas, let me know.

Dawn

D

D B Lawson

I've just posted the same question! I know that you should be able to do it in the query that the report is built on. In the criteria box for the Primary key, select the build button and select the form and ID field name, ie[Forms]![MyForm]![MyID]. This is the theory, but, having seen it work in another database, I can't get it to work in mine. I don't know if the subform is the problem. Once you've got the filter working, attaching a command button to open the report should not be a problem. If you have any ideas, let me know.

Dawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom