Problem After a form opens but before it loads (1 Viewer)

Martyh

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:10
I have a Problem that occurs between the time that a form opens ( no problem with the on open command) but before it actually loads (the on load command in which I place an "open argument" - bytBufferCurrent ). I consistently asks me for a parameter value - tblParticipant.ParticipantID - (this may be a clue but I cannot figure out how it relates) It certainly requires the tblParticipant.ParticipantID but not at this point!!! There are no other "events"...

Does anyone know how to deal with debugging Access in this sort of in-between situation? I 'm looking for clues !!

Thanks,

Marty

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
If not in the query anywhere see if something is in the OrderBy or FilterBy properties of the form. Sometimes stuff gets stuck in there.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 04:10
Put a breakpoint in form open and walk the code line by line?

Martyh

Registered User.
Local time
Already put a breakpoint in form open ... that's how I discovered it was in between the open and the load part ... right in between ! but where is it exactly ... i still don't know!

Martyh

Registered User.
Local time
Whoops - you were right MajP -- I'm too embarassed to say --- looking in the wrong spot!!!

Solution

MajP

Local time
The other place this can happen is in any rowsource. So if you see this again check the combos and listboxes also.

MajP

Local time
And if you have a subform/s you have to check all of those too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom