Problem of the relationship between order and inventory - "Northwind Like" ERP (1 Viewer)

Nanase_Hashimoto

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:28
Hi all, I am new to the software and the forum. I started to build an erp by breaking down my previous excel spreadsheet record into access tables. It is until recently I found the built-in sample call "Northwind" in Access template. I found an interesting feature of the template which the orders, inventory and invoices and linked together using the same set of data, while in my own database, the PO, inventory, invoice, and ledgers are stored seperately. It seems like a VB or macro coding thing, I am just wondering if there is any tutorial or guide how to realise this function?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:28
Orders, InventoryTransactions, Invoices are separate tables but have relationships based on primary and foreign keys. There is no VBA or macro needed. This is basic functionality of relational database. Perhaps you should get an introductory book on Access and spend a week studying.

Nanase_Hashimoto

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:28
Orders, InventoryTransactions, Invoices are separate tables but have relationships based on primary and foreign keys. There is no VBA or macro needed. This is basic functionality of relational database. Perhaps you should get an introductory book on Access and spend a week studying.
Any advise on the books or tutorials? Cuz I have actually gone through a few sets of basic courses on Lynda. That's how I learnt to build my own database. But the functions in that "Northwind" template seems much complex than any of the tutorials I found... Appreciate if you could give some advises. Thanks in advance

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:28
What functions are you talking about? Do you mean relationships? Yes, Northwind does have complicated relationships.

No, I don't have any specific books or tutorials to refer. I have heard of Lynda but not used.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:28
northwind is not that simple sample db.
it is for intermediate to advance user demo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom