Problem Trying to Modify SQL Behind Command Object in Crystal Report 2008 (1 Viewer)

matt_1ca

Local time
Today, 11:06
I am encountering a road block trying to modify SQL codes behind Crystal Report 2008 command objects and wondering if someone has encountered the same problem before ...

Though new to Crystal Reports I can imagine that at least a couple of people in this community must have seen the same problem and found a solution to it.

The attachment here shows that I cannot get the command object to disconnect from the repository (said capability is grayed out from pop up when I right click the command object from Database Expert) so that I can make modifications to the SQL code.

Before I finally found something saying that I need to disconnect it from the repository ... I tried all kinds of things ... I tried modifying the sql ... saving modifications etc. only to find (upon reopening of the command's sql) that nothing is getting changed .. so I have hit that wall many times before finding out that I need the aforementioned disconnection thing (at this point my hope is that if I can get the disconnnect to work) then I should succeed in modifying the sql and getting it saved ... all help much appreciated ...

Thanks so much for all the help ...

Gratefully,
Matt
:banghead:

matt_1ca

Local time
I wonder if this might be related to some kind of permission setting? If such were the case, I imagine someone with a limited permission (once upon a time must have seen it) :banghead:... currently not sure how to test this theory of mine (trying to figure out a way) ... any suggestion much appreciated ... thanks

matt_1ca

Local time
Now there is another thing I am starting to notice .. when I go to the Repository Explorer it is empty ... I played with the user interface at this point in time and it appears to me that I possibly have to Log On to BusinessObjects Enterprise to see objects there ... so now there is a conflict in my mind ... why is it that I am able to view the SQL of Crystal Report command object from Database Expert even when I am not logged into BusinessObject Enterprise? Is it possible then for a command object to exist without using BusinessObjects Enterprise and repositories? ...

I am continuing to dig ... as usual please feel to inject or say any idea or suggestion you might have .. thanks again

matt_1ca

Local time
Case closed found the problem ... I was wrongly assuming that we were using repositories .. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom