Problem with grouping with one-to-many records (1 Viewer)

Klawton

Local time
Today, 05:52
Hello,

I am fairly new to crystal reports and I am trying to create a report listing people into one of 2 categories "prospects" or "suspects". I have created a formula pulling on the appropriate parameters to assign each individual into one of the groups for our sports project. Each individual can only appear in one group with "prospect" taking precedence.

if {CnPrProp_1.CnPrProp_1_Fund} = "Sports Centre" AND {CnPrProp_1.CnPrProp_1_Inactive}=FALSE AND {CnPrProp_1.CnPrProp_1_Status}<>"Received" Then "Prospects"
Else If ({CnRelOrg_1.CnRelOrg_1_Org_Name} = "Sports Centre (PROJECT RECORD)" AND {CnRelOrg_1.CnRelOrg_1_Recip_Relation_Code}="Fundraising Contact" AND {CnRelOrg_1.CnRelOrg_1_Date_To}="") Then "Suspects"
Else "ZOthers"

If i then add a suppression to the details field: {CnBio.CnBio_ID}=Previous ({CnBio.CnBio_ID}) I successfully am left with one line for each individual with the correct category.

However, when i then go to group by "prospects" and "suspects" some names appear in the suspects list who are also in the prospect list. This is because of the one to many links in my report.

Long story short... is there any way that I can suppress records that have already matched to the "prospect" group?

Thanks in advance, and please let me know if this doesn't make sense!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom