Problem with Query when using SP Lists (1 Viewer)

DinkyDon

Local time
Today, 18:43
Hi all,

I've been trying a few things to take the database I have built online so that people in the office can use it. I have a suitable number of backups so I'm ready to go crazy with any method under the sun (with no further cost implications), and one I have been trying is using SharePoint lists for the tables of data. I currently have two tables in the database and on SharePoint, but I have had a couple of problems when using this.

First, when I try to open my Homepage form (houses all search boxes/results etc.) I am now getting a message that says the Record Source defined object 'SearchQuery' doesn't exist. I've been using this search query throughout all the time when it's just been myself, so I know there's nothing wrong with it. I also tried changing the Record Source for the form to 'Client_Database', the primary table that has been uploaded to SharePoint. I thought it may now need to be directed to a source that is also in SP, but I just receive the same message.

Second, when I have tried to enter new records into the database, through a new record button, I am unable to edit these until I go into the original table and enter an ID number. I'm unsure how to make this an automatic process however. I should point out that on the 'pure' backup without any sharing or split databases, it does automatically give it a new ID number. This is a separate issue I've had on one of my trials, but will likely still need sorting out when/if I can figure out the first issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:43
Hi. How exactly did you convert your existing database into SharePoint? Another experiment you could try is simply creating a list in SharePoint and then using a brand new database to link to that list.

DinkyDon

Local time
Today, 18:43
Thanks for sending me this vid! I think it's fairly similar to what I was doing, but I've followed this methodology and it seems to be working fine for editing pre-existing records/fields. However, I have the problem of no ID Number being autogenerated, although this happens as standard when offline.

I am unsure how to solve this issue and a previous attempt (through SP column settings that require a Column to hold information and unique values) didn't work how I wanted it to, and when I tried to create a new record instead of it providing a blank form it was auto-populated with the first record (alphabetically speaking) in the database table. Now I'm unsure at which end I need to change settings/code to sort this out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom