Problem with VBA Code Editor Autocompleting (1 Viewer)

Teggun

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:27
Hi guys, thanks for paying attention on to my problem. :banghead:
I'm having a very strange problem on the VBA editor, when writting or editing code on any form, report or module.

Basically when writting, the editor autocompletes the code even before I finish the line, which makes me not being able to write it propperly because it corrects the spaces within 1 second after writting it, which drives my cursor crazy. Also when typing (for example) "me." it is shown this little wizard with all the possible options that could follow the statement, but it automatically disappears after about 1 second of and marks the line code as wrong (color red).

Examples:

- When typing ",
It automatically creates a second " which breaks the next text I would type.

- When typing DoCmd.Openform "frmWhatever",,,,,
It automatically spaces the commas, making a big mess on all I would type after.

- When typing me.txtWhatever.Enabled = False
It spaces the "=" from the code making the cursor go back and messing everithing up and making it look like this
Me.txtOT.Enabled = fseal
OR
Me.txtOT.Enabled =alse f

This is pissing me off big time and I wonder if there is some kind of option I have enabled that does this. I looked everywhere and could not find it.
At first I thought there was some kind of problem with my keyboard/mouse, but after oppening the same document in an other computer IT DID THE SAME! But, if I create a new access project it does not do it inicially.

Is there any solution/option to just make this stop? I like access to auto-space my code and set it up propperly after writting the line, but not while writting it!

Thanks in advance for your answers.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:27
Is there are a timer event on the form?
If so try disabling it by setting the interval to 0

Teggun

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:27
Indeed, that was it, as soon as I closed up the timer it started working again.
Thanks a lot, this has been driving me crazy for 2 weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom