Problem with Wizard (1 Viewer)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:53
DbGuy, may well have come from Word. Yes, I can open the html file and it creates a table called "temp" with 10 recorded and 4 fields.
But I've given up on Access and Word looks like it will do it e.g.
Code:
For i = 1 To 30
Debug.Print ActiveDocument.Paragraphs(i).Range.Text; ActiveDocument.Paragraphs(i).LeftIndent
Next
However it 's a devil of a job to find details of Word VBA commands. You donlt have a link to anything useful? I assueme there will be a Paragraphs count and some way to load a new doc, process that and repeat etc. I've got 145 to do whcih sould be a breeze once sorted - writing a file containing the text having identified what each row is.
Sorry, I don't do Word VBA either. Maybe if you could post a sample Word document, someone here could figure it out for you.

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:53
Thanks anyway, I have something working in Word... fathomed out the essential bits, open/close doc and read/identify each row, I plan to write text
file to use in Access and create a table. Actually I want to create a relational db as I've never done it before. So it'll be somewhat of a learning curve. Maybe I can consult you or you can suggest where to look? It's a list of songs, composers, publishers, performers, dates and release details. My thinking was a main table containing titles and from there to all associated with that title.
Thanks.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:53
Thanks anyway, I have something working in Word... fathomed out the essential bits, open/close doc and read/identify each row, I plan to write text
file to use in Access and create a table. Actually I want to create a relational db as I've never done it before. So it'll be somewhat of a learning curve. Maybe I can consult you or you can suggest where to look? It's a list of songs, composers, publishers, performers, dates and release details. My thinking was a main table containing titles and from there to all associated with that title.
Thanks.
Actually, there is another member here who is already doing something like that. Let me see if I can find the thread.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 07:53
Colin I got that result yesterday and was attempting to change the back color. It worked but not well (gave error 91)
I've now canned the idea of using Access. Too difficult ! And not enough info around to work out what's needed.
The indented rows needed to be read into a string and somehow detect what the indent was. I had the same kind of result dragging the filke into Excel - and the same issue of detecting the indents.

As suggested previously, try and obtain the data in a structure file format such as JSON, XML or CSV all of which can be imported into Access fairly easily.

Or see if you can manipulate the data in Excel Power Query (AKA Get & Transform Data) so you can import it into Access

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom