Problems editing posts on a tablet (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:28
Hi
I'm aware of some issues with posting threads at the moment
As well as the Oops issue, there is a long term problem which makes editing the contents of posts difficult and time consuming on a tablet.

If I want to alter or delete anything, I have to do so one character at a time which gets tedious.
Holding down the backspace or delete keys fails. It just does one character and stops....every time..

I have experienced this issue with three different tablets since the forum software was upgraded to Xenforo.
It only seems to apply to this site of all the various forums I am active in. Is there a setting that can be tweaked?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 18:28
Same issue on my Galaxy Tablet but NOT on my Samsung/Galaxy phone. One reason I normally wait until I am at my laptop to post. First World problems...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
same here. Desktop, laptop are both fine. Even my iPhone is relatively OK though it also has quirks. I'm fairly certain the issue isn't with my Linx Windows tablet itself.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I'm using a cheap android tablet for this post.
This line I went to backspace on, and if I hold the backspace key down, I would delete all the text.

HTH

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Methinks Paul be takin' the piss....!
No, honest. I went upstairs where my tablet is charging, came on the site with it and tried the backspace key. It works fine.?
I do not use the tablet much for sites like these. I typed all that message above one finger at a time. :)

Besides if I was taking the proverbial I'd add a :)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Well you added two :) this time ...;)

OK so its not all tablets but the odd thing is that I have absolutely no problems editing whole words/ lines / paragraphs of text by holding down the backspace key on any site other than AWF and I never used to have issues here with the old site software

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
If I want to alter or delete anything, I have to do so one character at a time which gets tedious.
Holding down the backspace or delete keys fails. It just does one character and stops....every time..
I've had the same issue on some sites, but I can't remember where. It is a pain in the butt.

Let me try on my iPad...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thanks but that's not the cause. I'd already checked keyboard settings more than once.
Its a problem on Xenforo sites only: AWF and Mr Excel.
On all other sites that I use, pressing and holding backspace works perfectly to clear whole words, sentences etc.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I have noticed that the functionality available on my mobile is limited, for example I cannot bold or italicise the text.

Mind you most everything else seems to work fine.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Like this you mean?
Bold
Bold Italic

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
on my iphone you have to first select the text, then tap on it to bring up a menu, tap on the b/u key and select your option.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
on my iphone you have to first select the text, then tap on it to bring up a menu, tap on the b/u key and select your option.
I have been unable to find out how to select the word(s) on my Android phone, and I can only select one word at a time on that cheap tablet.
On a PC I would highlight all the words with the mouse and then press the relevant icon.

For the post above on my phone , I just pressed the icon first, typed in the word(s) and then pressed the icon again to remove the font selection.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I simply press control i or control b on the keyboard after highlighting the text on the PC.
Not tried on the phone, but generally use tapatalk for forums on the (Android) phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom