Problems With Office Version 2201 (1 Viewer)

TonyPWalker

Local time
Today, 13:01
Hello All,
Our works PC's were automatically upgraded to Office version 2201, which has caused havoc with our in-house database.
Even with only a couple of forms open, we were getting "Cannot open any more databases."
The cure was to revert back to version 2112.
Has anybody else experienced the same problem?

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 08:01
you must roll the update back. its a bug in MS.
it screwed up all our databases. (well not db, its Access where the problem is)
Rolling back the update fixed it.

TonyPWalker

Local time
you must roll the update back. its a bug in MS.
it screwed up all our databases. (well not db, its Access where the problem is)
Rolling back the update fixed it.
That's exactly what I did, but I couldn't find anything about this bug beforehand. :-(

wildidee

Local time
Today, 14:01
Same problem (MS Access front-end connecting to SQL server). Unable to exit MS Access after closing application + "Cannot open any more databases" error with performance loss, unable to save changes, ...)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:01
Same problem (MS Access front-end connecting to SQL server). Unable to exit MS Access after closing application + "Cannot open any more databases" error with performance loss, unable to save changes, ...)
Hi. Let's hope MS acknowledges it soon and comes up with a fix right away.

wildidee

Local time
Hi. Let's hope MS acknowledges it soon and comes up with a fix right away.
It might be related to reconnecting the front-end to back-end tables in an automated way.

Microsoft mentions

"We fixed an issue that could cause an application to stop responding when connecting to an Access or Jet database using multiple threads in rapid succession."

That is exactly what I am doing in that application (automatic reconnect to a back-end file to dump data)

wildidee

Local time
It might be related to reconnecting the front-end to back-end tables in an automated way.

Microsoft mentions

"We fixed an issue that could cause an application to stop responding when connecting to an Access or Jet database using multiple threads in rapid succession."

That is exactly what I am doing in that application (automatic reconnect to a back-end file to dump data)

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/officeinsider/forum/all/office-for-windows-beta-release-notes-version-2201/5d72172e-4277-4c04-a534-9fb658575f4d

wildidee

Local time
Adding the folder where the Access application resides (front-end + back-end) to the Office trusted zones is confirmed to be a successful workaround.

wildidee

Local time
techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/access/access-doesn-t-close-properly-a-remaining-background-process-can/m-p/3103807/thread-id/4640

GK in the UK

Registered User.
Local time
This fixed it for me. Perpetual Access 2016. I was on build 14827.20158 but this link reverted to 14701.20206. Lock file no longer remains on closing Access.

Link: Lock File Problems with Access 16.0.13801.21086 - Microsoft Community

The reply 4th February listing 5 steps to download 16.0.14701.20226

Incidentally, as well as the lock file problems, forms opened in my application as instances were failing to close even though they were removed from the collection. Reverting fixed this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom