Production status - tracking production (1 Viewer)

CSSaMORT

Local time
Today, 08:33
Hi,

I'am new here and I need help please :

I have a production table listing all production batches (multiple within a day - almost 100 new every day) with the fields : date, report, stock, qtity

I need to create (automatically) a new table gathering ONLY the last 6 months added batches and having a new field with a default value of "received" that I can change later. The updating of this table should be made every time this table is requested/opened.

How can I do that please ?

Thanks a lot

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:33
Hi. Quick question first, why did you think you need a table? What are you going to do with it? What are you going to change received into later?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You wouldn't normally create a table, you'd use a query that pulled the last six month's data via a criteria.

CSSaMORT

Local time
@theDBguy : There are 4 production steps, every employee can via a form change the status of a batch to say where is it in the production line : received, entered, processed, expedition, dropped.

@pbaldy : I want to create a new table because I want to keep the original table "safe" and to be able to adjust easily the new table if the production steps changes (happens very often)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you need history, keep a change log. We can provide a link if you can't find it. It sounds like you are asking how to copy 6 months worth of data to a new table every time someone opens the form. Isn't that going to produce an excessive number of tables in a short time? But you did say "opens the table" rather than "opens a form". That simply isn't possible. There are no events associated with opening naked tables and users should NEVER, EVER, did I say NEVER open a naked table or query. Users should interact only with forms and reports. You provide code in various events to ensure that the data being changed is valid.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Hi,

I'am new here and I need help please :

I have a production table listing all production batches (multiple within a day - almost 100 new every day) with the fields : date, report, stock, qtity

I need to create (automatically) a new table gathering ONLY the last 6 months added batches and having a new field with a default value of "received" that I can change later. The updating of this table should be made every time this table is requested/opened.

How can I do that please ?

Thanks a lot
You need to start from scratch in learning how databases are meant to function before you try to program one for use in your business. Anytime someone is basically saying, "I'm brand new to Access, but I'm about to deploy a Access program for use in my business", it really leaves me scratching my head. Learn prior to deploying. Programming is not something where you build a plane, push it off the edge of a building, and then frantically begin fixing things as it falls to the ground. First you learn, then you use in real life.

I would not go out and purchase a large hydraulic crane tomorrow and start using it to move stuff around my yard without first taking some courses (at least) on using it. Doing so would be dangerous and abnormal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom