Progress Meter (1 Viewer)

modex

Local time
Today, 13:44
On a click of a button I have some VB setup to open via(fso) a number of .txt files and read the contents into a table. The thing is I have about 140 text files to import and the user is left wondering whats going on, Ive tried updating an unbound box with the name of the file being imported and that works OK. But, what I'd realy like is a little progress meter, similar to that what you get when you are copiying a large file in explorer. Any ideas Please.

ModeX

jimbrooking

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:44
Think I read this topic somewhere here about a week ago. The slickest reply I saw was to define a text box with a Solid (not Transparent) background in a "sympatico" background color. When you update the filename, adjust the text box's Width property to something like 5.0*(FileNumber/TotalFiles). This will give you a 2.5" text box at 50%, a 5" box at 100%, etc. You can give the box an appropriate label and, if you want, make the box grow inside a nice etched-effect rectangle. Slick and easy! If you really want to go hog-wild, when you change the filename and the width of the text box, set the ControlTipText for the expanding box to something like

"Importing " & FileName & " as file " & FileNumber & " of " & TotalFiles & " (" & 100*FileNumber/TotalFiles & "%)."

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbrooking (edited 05-04-2001).]

DES

Technoweenie
Local time
Today, 08:44
You may want to check out:
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp

They make controls to replace quirky microsoft ones for free

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom