Property Sheet issue-HELP!! (1 Viewer)

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:56
I have searched the forum for "property sheet" and don't see anything like my problem. I've used access for many years and in the design view of a form, if I were to click on the property sheet box (or add existing fields box for that matter) the property sheet box would sit "inside" the same box as the form I was trying to design, to the right of the form. Suddenly the property box sits "on top" of the form I am trying to design, as shown by attached picture.

If I minimize the form I am designing, the property sheet box acts like it is in a separate window, per 2nd picture I have attached. As the picture shows, the property sheet box is completely outside of the minimized form, when in the past, it would have minimized with the form. :banghead:

How can I revert back to the way the property sheet used to work? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Prop-sheet-issue.jpg
    Prop-sheet-issue.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Prop-sheet-issue-minimize.jpg
    Prop-sheet-issue-minimize.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 107

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:56
Have you tried dragging it around by the Title bar?

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
I tried your suggestion and that didn't work, however, when I slide the property sheet all the way over to the right side of the screen, it popped back into place! Thanks for your suggestion....in a round about way it work! lol

(I knew it had to be something simple) :)

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:56
Curious to know how you slid it all the way to the right without dragging it by the Title Bar as I had suggested.:rolleyes:

The Property Sheet is "dockable". This means when it is in the vicinity of the program window it attaches itself to the border.

BTW It can be dragged right out of the Access window which is where I put it, on my second monitor.

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
Perhaps I am not sure what you mean by the "Title Bar"....I just assumed it meant the top of the form I was designing. I went to the top of the form AND then to the top of the page but nothing happened until I slide it over to the right....in any event...it worked! thanks again :)

HealthyB1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:26
Hi I have a similar problem in that the 'Properties Sheet' Form and the "Add Existing fields" form are off the form or query that I am designing. As I cannot reach the title bar on the form I cannot move it down. I can resize it but not move it down as per attached screen capture. Any ideas on how to resolve same.

Attachments

• Properties sheet.PNG
    Properties sheet.PNG
    693.5 KB · Views: 50

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Not sure if the moderator's preference is that you start your own thread rather than piggy back on someone else's, especially one this old. In the immediate window type
?commandbars("property sheet").Left and see what you get for .Left Do that for .Top also add a small number to each of them until you get it back to where you can grab it. Try something like increments of 50. So if top was 0,
commandbars("property sheet").Top = 50 and hit return. Check the new position. No good, try again with 100.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:56
Hi. Just a guess, but also maybe try changing your screen resolution temporarily just to see if it makes a difference.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:56
yes it is Dockable and draggable.
just drag it on the Rightmost of the Ribbon and it will "dock" to the bottom of the Ribbon (it's usual position).

HealthyB1

Registered User.
Local time
Not sure if the moderator's preference is that you start your own thread rather than piggy back on someone else's, especially one this old. In the immediate window type
?commandbars("property sheet").Left and see what you get for .Left Do that for .Top also add a small number to each of them until you get it back to where you can grab it. Try something like increments of 50. So if top was 0,
commandbars("property sheet").Top = 50 and hit return. Check the new position. No good, try again with 100.

Hi thanks for your help.
I did as you said and got the following results:-
?commandbars("property sheet").left

?commandbars("property sheet").left=650
False

?commandbars("property sheet").top
?commandbars("property sheet").top=50
False
?commandbars("property sheet").top=200
False

Any other suggestion please?

HealthyB1

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Just a guess, but also maybe try changing your screen resolution temporarily just to see if it makes a difference.
I am running two monitors and changed both of them and hey presto it moved the title bar of the window back onto the viewable part of the screen.
I then attached the properties window to right hand side of the design view window.
So it is fixed.
Thanks ever so much :)

HealthyB1

Registered User.
Local time
I am running two monitors and changed both of them and hey presto it moved the title bar of the window back onto the viewable part of the screen.
I then attached the properties window to right hand side of the design view window.
So it is fixed.
Thanks ever so much :)

Question how do I mark this problem as solved or fixed and also thank you?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I did as you said
No, you did not. There is no question mark in the line that should move the property sheet. ? is how you "ask a question" in the immediate window. After asking what it is, you are asking if it equals some number you typed in. Of course the answer is no (false)

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:56
hi HealthyB1,

adding on, you can also double-click the titlebar of the PropertySheet if it is floating to dock it. If it is docked, you can drag it by the titlebar to float it.

HealthyB1

Registered User.
Local time
No, you did not. There is no question mark in the line that should move the property sheet. ? is how you "ask a question" in the immediate window. After asking what it is, you are asking if it equals some number you typed in. Of course the answer is no (false)
Hi MICRON,
You are correct. I omitted the ? from those lines and it worked perfectly. Apologies as I don't use the immediate window very much.
Cheers and thanks again for helping and more importantly helping me understand why the command sequence did not work.
HealthyB

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:56
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Glad to see the technique worked for you although I guess you had already fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom