Property Sheet so wide it's off the screen. Access unusable now. (1 Viewer)

David Ball

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:18
Hi, suddenly the Property Sheet has very wide columns. So wide that it is unusable. The "Add Existing Fields" screen is the same.

I am unable to get to the edge of the column to adjust it because it is off my screen.

My Access is now unusable because of this silly issue. Does anyone know how to resize these columns when you can't get to them?

Thanks very much

Dave

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:48
on property sheet, you can double-click the Vertical separator line to adjust to Default.

EDIT:

also on property sheet, you can click and drag the window from its docked position.
resize it as necessary and double click the column separator.

double click it again to dock it.

David Ball

Registered User.
Local time
Hi arnelgp, thanks.

I see one separator line but when I double click on it it goes even wider!

Also, I don't seem to be able to move the window from its docked position. When I try to "grab" the window with left mouse button nothing happens.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:48
As a test I just maximised the property sheet to fill the entire screen. Doing that meant I was also unable to 'undock' it to drag it.
However I was still able to restore its size by holding the left mouse button down over the left margin of the property sheet and dragging to the right.
if the left margin is off screen, maximise the Access window. if that still fails, open in a higher screen resolution.

BTW the same solutions work if the nav pane has been maximised...but this time work on the right edge instead

David Ball

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, I was eventually able to fix this by minimizing the Access window, dragging it to the right, so that only the left border was visible, then dragging that border far to the left until I could see the left border of the property window. I could then drag that border back in.

Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom