Solved Protect BypassKey by password (1 Viewer)

kavehrad

Local time
Today, 09:29
Hi everybody!
I want to protect Bypasskey In my accdb by a password. so users can not open the database in design mode with shift key. anyone who can help?
please explain in detail cause I am not a proffs:cool:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:29
Hi. Don't think you can password protect the shift bypass key, but you can disable it. Have you tried that already? If so, are you asking how to add a password if the user wants to re-enable it?

kavehrad

Local time
Today, 09:29
I dont know how to disable it and if I do it how can I enable it if I need to change the design?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:29
Don't you have a development db that each user has their own locked down version of (as you should)? That way, you don't need to enable the bypass to do design work because your development copy doesn't need to be disabled. Sounds like your users are sharing one db.

If you must do it your way you do it in code. One way is to have a form like an About form and have a textbox control on it that looks like a label. Double click the textbox and cycle the bypass property and change the font to red so that you know what state the db is now in. If I recall correctly, that sort of thing is called an Easter Egg.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:29
The way I do it is that my startup form looks for a small text file somewhere on the hard drive. If it's there, then it allows the shift bypass, if it's not then is disables it. That way the shift bypass only works on my own computer (or any computer I choose) without my having to enter a password.

This is not my own idea. I wish I could remember where I read it but alas, I can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom