putting picture in my inventory item input form (1 Viewer)

hfsitumo2001

Local time
Today, 07:32
I tried to put picture of item in the form of my inventory. My question, will it make slower movement of form if we want to browse?. My number of item is just 125 items. The method is like the sample of the inventory sample from MS Access, there is a field in the table for the attachement, but we can put the picture in the subfolder of where the database is

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:32
Putting actual pictures in a database is possible (embed via OLE) but it is more efficient if you just put all of your pictures in a single folder either where the database is or in a sub-folder thereof. Then include the fully qualified device/folder/name.type of the file as a text field. When the form is navigated, have something in the Form_Current routine load the text field contents to the .Picture property.

hfsitumo2001

Local time
Putting actual pictures in a database is possible (embed via OLE) but it is more efficient if you just put all of your pictures in a single folder either where the database is or in a sub-folder thereof. Then include the fully qualified device/folder/name.type of the file as a text field. When the form is navigated, have something in the Form_Current routine load the text field contents to the .Picture property.

DoC-Man, the inventory sample of MS Access has a column for attachment and when I make form and add field attachments, I put all the pictures in a folder too. Is it not the same as you said?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:32
I haven't looked at that sample but it sounds similar. All you need is the file specification to load to the .Picture property of the image control, which would most conveniently be done in the Form_Current event.

hfsitumo2001

Local time
I haven't looked at that sample but it sounds similar. All you need is the file specification to load to the .Picture property of the image control, which would most conveniently be done in the Form_Current event.
I do not see any procedure of the current event of the control source, the control source of the frame image is just saying "Attachment", and when we hover our mouse on the frame, there is a tip that says " double click to add picture or edit" and then it will guide us to do it by popping up this box:
toaddattachement.jpg

Attachments

• toaddattachement.jpg
    toaddattachement.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 239

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom