python fun for Jon (1 Viewer)

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 17:19
ummmm, @Jon ? things get much more complex than this. Python literally sucks dude. You don't want to mess with it. I personally could care less about it. :p

but then again, if you want to get nuts, there's always this nonsense for creating your own bots!

jon_the_boss.jpg

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:19
I would like to create some bots.

neuroman9999

Local time
I would like to create some bots.
for what purpose? you can't do anything useful with them. any company with developers who have brains would've figure out how to block them by now.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Data scraping. I fancy doing some of that.

neuroman9999

Local time
Data scraping. I fancy doing some of that.
oh really? what for? marketing? I've been asked countless questions about that over on the excel board. check out this thread, where I explained to someone in another country why he couldn't throw a string into a jQuery dialog. LOL

his ask:

my help to him:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I'm going the web route. Although I do use an app called Flying Logic and I have always wondered what they used to create it with.

neuroman9999

Local time
I'm going the web route. Although I do use an app called Flying Logic and I have always wondered what they used to create it with.
You are wondering what the tool called flying logic is created with?

neuroman9999

Local time
more than likely this page is not going to tell you how the flying logic program was created or what language it was written in....

But then again, the page explains more or less what it does and what its purpose is and it doesn't look like to me it serves the same purpose as visual studio code. It looks like a planning tool not a code writing tool.

apparently this product doesn't have a dedicated Wikipedia page either because if it did that would tell you what language it was written in

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
They have a Mac and Windows version, so I wondered if they used Java. But then could they have used React Native?

neuroman9999

Local time
They have a Mac and Windows version, so I wondered if they used Java. But then could they have used React Native?
used Java and React you mean, to CREATE the Flying software? more than likely, NOT. software is written in low level languages. C, etc....

Access is written in C. did you know that?

and by the way Mr. Leader, ALL coding platforms and software packages are available for all platforms. unless of course you run across one that is written by people who are just trying to get rich quick off of people who are ignorant. for instance, those that play games all day. here's a great example of a platform available only for iOS on mobile phones:

neuroman9999

Local time
for instance, @Jon , you can DL python for any platform. see this page? you've got tarballs, exe's, msi's, installers and everything else for any platform! =)

you know why? because it is EASY to convert one to the other. all it is, is just small manipulations of the connection between the high level interpreter that is built in, and the underlying machine language that drives it. =)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes, web software tends to be cross platform. But not all platforms are. What about coding Mac software, for example. Are there Windows apps to do that?

neuroman9999

Local time
Yes, web software tends to be cross platform. But not all platforms are. What about coding Mac software, for example. Are there Windows apps to do that?
the seperatist called Steve Jobs forces windows users to buy apple products in order to develop software for apple products. you cannot, LEGALLY, dev software for iOS or macintosh by using a windows machine.

however, there ARE tools, which are technically illegitimate but not illegal, to do just that so you don't have buy Jobs' or Cooks' expensive crap. I can give you the links to do this if you need. you need a virtual machine for one thing, along with some other stuff. I bookmarked the links long ago.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I use a Mac. I am a reluctant Mac user. There are some good things about it, but I hate the nailing down of everything and the smugness many Mac users feel. It's a kind of snobbery I don't like.

neuroman9999

Local time
I use a Mac. I am a reluctant Mac user. There are some good things about it, but I hate the nailing down of everything and the smugness many Mac users feel. It's a kind of snobbery I don't like.
do you want me to take it apart for you? I can reorganize the heck out of it. anything is hackable, dude.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I have a 2012 Mac. It still runs fairly quick. I upgraded to an external 1TB drive last week because my Fusion drive (mechanical and SSD combo) was slowing it down, and near failure according to SMART tools. No more hard drive thrashing. Yay!

Its an i7 with 16gb RAM. Cost me an arm and a leg back in the day, and I mostly ignored it since I continued to use my more familar Windows PC, which was 15 years old and pretty slow. I use my Mac daily now, as its all configured for everything.

neuroman9999

Local time
I have a 2012 Mac. It still runs fairly quick. I upgraded to an external 1TB drive last week because my Fusion drive (mechanical and SSD combo) was slowing it down, and near failure according to SMART tools. No more hard drive thrashing. Yay!

Its an i7 with 16gb RAM. Cost me an arm and a leg back in the day, and I mostly ignored it since I continued to use my more familar Windows PC, which was 15 years old and pretty slow. I use my Mac daily now, as its all configured for everything.
I can use anything. I don't really care. computing is so easy, it's literally stupid. I've got so much info stored in a million different KB's of mine, I literally get, as Elena always says, ""lost in strings"".

LOL. Slovenian phrase creation is a little strange!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
You can't take all that data through the eye of the needle when you come to the Pearly Gates. Are there really Pearly Gates, or is that a man-made construction to make people happy? They might be turnstiles like you get at a football match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom