query design to take out repeating IDs (1 Viewer)

saledo2000

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:59
Hi everyone,
I have Two tables with a relationship Reg_ID to FM_ID one to many. When I create a query I get good result. But is there a way to take out repeating IDs from query somehow. Sample is attached.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Sample.png
    Sample.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 69

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:59
No. This is how query joining tables is supposed to work. If you don't want to show repeats, build a report. Textbox has Hide Duplicates property.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 23:59
Probably, but why? What's the big picture? What do you want to use this query for?

Also, your data and description aren't 100% fleshed out:

But is there a way to take out repeating IDs from query somehow.

You have 2 ID fields (Reg_ID, FM_ID), but your sample data kinda treats Reg_ID as the one you want to eliminate duplicates from. I say "kinda" because you have 2 records on the right side that have Reg_ID=1013, so that too is a confusing element.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:59
saledo2000,
Kindly tell us about your database in simple terms. As others have asked What is the big picture?
Why are there duplicates? Shouldn't prevention of duplicates be investigated rather than removing them once stored?

saledo2000

Registered User.
Local time
Probably, but why? What's the big picture? What do you want to use this query for?

Also, your data and description aren't 100% fleshed out:

You have 2 ID fields (Reg_ID, FM_ID), but your sample data kinda treats Reg_ID as the one you want to eliminate duplicates from. I say "kinda" because you have 2 records on the right side that have Reg_ID=1013, so that too is a confusing element.
Yes I showed only part of my query. The rest of data are the names and surnames which I do not want to show. If is possible to do it would appreciate your expertise. Thank you.

saledo2000

Registered User.
Local time
saledo2000,
Kindly tell us about your database in simple terms. As others have asked What is the big picture?
Why are there duplicates? Shouldn't prevention of duplicates be investigated rather than removing them once stored?
Hi
I have explained relationship between fields from two tables. First table is Reg and the other one is FM table. I guess it is possible but I am a beginner in access. Thank you.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 23:59
Big picture. What's the ultimate end goal?

Queries are steps toward a goal. People export their data, they build reports and forms using them, they use them to look up individual pieces of data. A query is not the end. So, what is the end goal. You are not giving us enough to go on.

Explain what your database as a whole is for, then explain what this one query will allow you to do.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:59
yes, you are a beginner. Just think of what you might need to provide to a developer you hired to fix your issue OR think of what you would need if someone asked you to fix a problem you were not familiar with.
We need context.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom