Query for Repeated Record (1 Viewer)

MattBaldry

Self Taught, Learn from the Forums
Local time
Today, 06:54
Hi All,

Is it possible to create a query that shows the same record a specified number of times with a column then showing how many times?

Basically I have 6 fields for a label. 5 remain constant, but 1 is a serial number. If I enter 50 in the unbound box on my form I then want the query to show 50 rows of the same data with the 4th column numbered 1 to 50.

I am sure I have seen this done, but I cannot find where I saw it before.

5 fields will be stored in a a table but I don't want the serial number counter stored this will change each time the labels are used.

~Matt

Edit: I am happy to create a temp table to store this data if that makes the job easier.

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:54
This is one of those occasions where you can use a simple numbers table, or create a query that produces the numbers for you, you then use a cartesian join (e.g. no join) between your tables and limit the number table to records up to you desired maximum number.

@arnelgp describes a neat method in this post https://www.access-programmers.co.u...o-current-subform-record.311954/#post-1699066 for generating numbers without creating a permanent table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom