Query not displaying all data (1 Viewer)

jnvcdfhj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:33
Hi all,

I am running a query to collect information regarding equipment which is stored on a continuous form. When i run the query it only display the first entry not all?

Any help is appreciated.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:33
what is the criteria of your query. it will only return 1 record if it is based on the form, unless you run a function to retrieved all that is displayed on the form.

jnvcdfhj

Registered User.
Local time
I select the table everything is stored in but only displays the first record. On the form itself it displays everything i need but not when i do the query.

arnelgp

Local time
what is the SQL of the query?

jnvcdfhj

Registered User.
Local time
SELECT Equipment.Quantity, Equipment.Make, Equipment.Model, Equipment.[Full Description], Contacts.CompanyName
FROM Contacts INNER JOIN Equipment ON Contacts.[ContactID] = Equipment.[EquipmentID];

arnelgp

Local time
don't you think there is wrong in your criteria:

Contacts.[ContactID] = Equipment.[EquipmentID]

whethere they are both autonumber, still does not make sense.

jnvcdfhj

Registered User.
Local time
Even if i dont attempt to pull information from the contacts table just equipment it still only displays the first record.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:33
We can't see what change you made to the SQL so we can't even guess whether or not you made the suggested change.

to be clear, an inner join will only return rows where there is a match in BOTH tables so if you didn't remove the inner join, you still have a problem. We can't guess what your schema is so we can't guess what the join should look like or even if it is possible to join those two tables. If they don't have a common field, then you can't join them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom