Query Performance: Under the hood (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 21:30
Queries have always been a mystery to me. Never really understood exactly what happened when I hit the "Run" button but I do remember getting all excited as a sailor on shore leave when I got the right results.

It was Philipp who first introduced me to JetShowPlan and although I have never taken the time to explore it, it was good to know that there really was some science to the query thing and not just dark magic.

Colin and Mike have also submitted articles on how to get the reports, but this article really "brings it home". Super geeky stuff but well worth the read!

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 09:30
as i recall mr.wolfe is recruiting msa programmers way back.
so definitely, not all his stuff can be claimed by him.
there are people behind the "movie" making.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 21:30
From every thing I have seen, Mike has always been diligent to give credit where it is due - this article is no exception.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:30
From every thing I have seen, Mike has always been diligent to give credit where it is due - this article is no exception.
I agree completely. He is always scrupulous about providing links to source material and related articles for further reading.
In this case, Mike heavily references my work which was itself inspired by an article by Allen Browne

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Yesterday, 18:30
T
Perhaps it would be better to investigate some of the work in question before making insinuations about the creator of that work.

In addition, the link I provided is clearly NOT to a "movie" but to a video recording of his presentation at an Access User Group meeting. If you do have questions about anything in it, you might contact the Denver Area Access User Group, or Mike himself. I'm sure either would be happy to discuss whatever you might be concerned about.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:30
@arnelgp - it would seem that several members dispute the accuracy of your comments. Rather than have this issue turn into a real mess, I would ask you to either demonstrate the accuracy of your claim or leave it alone. We do not need to turn this into a full-blown argument. It doesn't help the forum to do so.

To the other users, a formal report has been filed on this subject. As a moderator, I am going to mark it resolved for now because the problem has moved out of the shadows and into the open. Just try to stay civil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom