Solved Query price sum is not equal to zero when no record found (Query Null should be zero) (1 Viewer)

Ihk

Local time
Today, 03:37
Query sum is not getting zero, if there is not specific record. I want to have zero value (Price).
if there is record then meaning record is not empty, then query works perfectly fine.
I have attached
1)query picture
query.JPG

2) Sql code
Code:
SELECT Sum(StatusQuery.[Date(User)]) AS [SumOfDate(User)], MainOrdersEntries.Status, Sum(MainOrdersEntries.TotalPrice) AS SumOfTotalPrice
FROM StatusQuery INNER JOIN MainOrdersEntries ON StatusQuery.ID = MainOrdersEntries.ID
GROUP BY MainOrdersEntries.Status
HAVING (((Sum(StatusQuery.[Date(User)]))>=Date()-60) AND ((MainOrdersEntries.Status)="Pending"));
as shown in picture, query is trying to fetch record with "Pending" field. when there are such records with "Pending" then it works pretty well. when there not such record (row) in table, query sum of "Pending" as well as Sum of Price should be zero.

Can someone help.
Thank you

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 20:37
when there not such record (row) in table, query sum of "Pending" as well as Sum of Price should be zero.

You can't create records that don't exist.

If you want a record for a Status that doesn't exist you must use a datasource that does have it. Do you have a table of your Status values? If so, what's its name?

NZ() will be needed, but not in the query you posted. The one you posted will become a subquery.

Reactions: Ihk

Ihk

Local time
In my table Field "status" values can be either of
Pending
Approved
Cancelled
etc
Each row of will have either of these at the same time. when we change the status from "Pending" to " approved". or to "Cancelled".... that means there is no record in the table with "Pending".
Then how to turn "sum for price of Pending" in to zero rather than Null.
Please with one example, how to use NZ() in this case.
thank you

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 09:37
you need to add a Third table (dummy) for the missing dates.
join this table and you can use Nz() for missing values for those dates.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:37
Agree with previous comments. A few extra points:
1. You cannot sensibly sum date fields. You could however use Count instead.
2. It is a bad idea to use special characters such as () in a field name. DateUser or UserDate would be better
3. Change the GroupBy for the Status field to Where. It will be more efficient

This can also be done using two queries (and without using a missing dates table) as follows

Query1:
Code:
SELECT Count(StatusQuery.[Date(User)]) AS [CountOfDate(User)], Sum(MainOrdersEntries.TotalPrice) AS SumOfTotalPrice
FROM StatusQuery INNER JOIN MainOrdersEntries ON StatusQuery.ID = MainOrdersEntries.ID
WHERE (((StatusQuery.[Date(User)]))<Date()-60) AND ((MainOrdersEntries.Status)="Pending"));

Query2:
Code:
SELECT Query1.CountOfUserDate, Nz([SumOfPrice],0) AS TotalPrice
FROM Query1;

• Love

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 20:37
First you need to create a data source of the unique Status values:

Code:
SELECT Status
FROM MainOrdersEntries
GROUP BY Status;

Paste that into a new query and name it 'sub1'. Next take your existing query, remove the 'Pending' criteria and name that query 'sub2'.

Then to get the data you want combine them in a new query:

Code:
SELECT sub1.Status, Nz([Date(User)], 0) AS Field1, NZ(TotalPrice, 0) AS TotalPriceField
FROM sub1
LEFT JOIN sub2 ON sub1.Status = sub2.Status

Ihk

Local time
sorry for my late reply,
I am thankful for every body for helping me out.
It worked for me with NZ function. NZ(normal code for sum up),0)
For example Like this
NZ(Sum(MainOrdersEntries.TotalPrice),0) AS SumOfTotalPrice

Ihk

Local time
Agree with previous comments. A few extra points:
1. You cannot sensibly sum date fields. You could however use Count instead.
2. It is a bad idea to use special characters such as () in a field name. DateUser or UserDate would be better
3. Change the GroupBy for the Status field to Where. It will be more efficient

This can also be done using two queries (and without using a missing dates table) as follows

Query1:
Code:
SELECT Count(StatusQuery.[Date(User)]) AS [CountOfDate(User)], Sum(MainOrdersEntries.TotalPrice) AS SumOfTotalPrice
WHERE (((StatusQuery.[Date(User)]))<Date()-60) AND ((MainOrdersEntries.Status)="Pending"));

Query2:
Code:
SELECT Query1.CountOfUserDate, Nz([SumOfPrice],0) AS TotalPrice
FROM Query1;

I am very very thankful, These points really made my understanding very clear. I appreciate your time for guiding me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom