query relationships (1 Viewer)

jedder18

Just Livin the Dream!
Local time
Today, 05:42
I've copied a table and added new fields
I appended old records from old table without new fields.
renamed old table and used the existing table name for the updated table.

The original table was called episode table and I kept that name with the new fields added so would not have to change the numerous queries out there.

My queries show episode table, however, the relationships are all pointing to episode table 2-28-17 so it's not allowing queries to run.

Help please...
hopefully this makes some kind of sense.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 08:42
Sometimes Access knows you renamed the original table and alters the relations and queries.
You'll have to fix it manually.

jedder18

Just Livin the Dream!
Local time
wow..that will be monumental...so many relationships with this table

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Try these steps.

1. Backup your database (just in case this makes things worse)
  2. Rename episode table to episode table old
  3. Rename episode table 2-28-17 to episode

That should put you back where you started. Then just add the new fields to the episode table rather than going through this process of appending and renaming tables.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:42
By default Access has a feature called NameAutoCorrect turned on. This records object name changes, checks for them when opening queries, form and reports, then updates most of the references. It doesn't update references to forms and reports in queries, row sources or VBA.

I would try Steve's suggestion to reverse the process.

jedder18

Just Livin the Dream!
Local time
I did rename all the tables when I put the new table out there with the new fields.
However, the relationships were looking for the 2-28-17 table so a lot of the forms were looking for that table instead of the episodetable.
I've since restored a good version with the old table layout and appended the records input yesterday. Seems to be ok for now.
I will have to add the new fields to the current db table on the server instead of creating a new one and copying.
THanks for all the suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom