Query to load data into and save data from text-boxes on a form (1 Viewer)

keen1598

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:10
Hi All,

This is really a two parter: I need to first figure out the best way to save data to a table using the form format I have built, using unbound fields, and also how to load data from a table into those fields after selections have been made and when a control button is clicked.

I have a form and table which I will be using to enter data into, and also load data from (in the event a modification needs to be made) which I've attached below.

Basically I need to filter by month, year and the unit each field corresponds to using a string, compared to the month and year selected in the form to load data when my control button is clicked.

My caveat is that I do not want to use vba. My goal is to run a sql query on click activation to load the form. I tested setting the record source to a dlookup value, but when the month and year changed, the form froze, and started flickering while calculating the end result. filtering for 3 fields through 5000 records bogged down the pc.

The second piece which I think is probably the easier part, is to create a new record for the month and year for that unit and save the five textboxes to their respective fields using the month and year from the drop down selections.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• HAI PROJECT RENEWED.zip
    190.3 KB · Views: 155

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom