Race Finish Place (1 Viewer)

sloaner14

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:42
Is there an easy way of doing this? I have a database that I want to automatically place racers as they finish. I have four race divisions. All racers no matter the division start at the same time. I have all of this figured out, but what is getting me is the finish place (1st, 2nd, etc.) Is there a way on a continuos form to automatically place the racers? How this works is...Main form has racer info., on this form is a stop button, and after the button is clicked, it will show his/her finishing place in their division which is subform of the main form. Here is the reason I want this. Someone may have registered wrong and they are in the wrong division, and we have to change them to the correct division after they have finished and already been placed. I want to be able to move them to the right division, and then my subform requery and they placed in the correct position in the new division. Sorry this is so lenghty. Plain and simple can I make a subreport have an unbound field that shows each records place the recordset? Thanks for your help, and like I said sorry this is so long.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:42
Sorry mate, but your text is near unreadable....

Try again, and maybe post a small database example of what you allready have. A picture (or a database in this case) can paint a thousans words....

Greetz

sloaner14

Registered User.
Local time
Plain and simple:

Is there a way to have an unbound text box, in a continuos form, that will show the record number of each record in that form. The record at the top of the form will be 1, the next record will be 2, and so on down the form. I also need this to renumber incase I add a record, that might fall in between existing record (I add a record between 5 and 6, so this new record should be 6, and the record that was 6 is now 7, old 7 is now 8, and so on.

sloaner14

Registered User.
Local time
Here is a jpeg of what I want. Thanks, for looking at it.

Attachments

• place.jpg
    place.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 114

sloaner14

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for looking, but I created a place field, and used some vba and sql to renumber the fields for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom