Range.Copy [destination] method ....... Formatting ramifications? (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 22:03
So in my everlasting efforts to avoid any Excel VBA which is like activating, selecting, or having something 'active'/'focused' before an action takes place.........Or even doing something that smells remotely similar.......I've always enjoyed using Range.Copy [Destination].

Common code for me is this:

Code:
Set rngCopy = wsImport.Range("A2:FD" & lastrowAfterDupCheck)
Set rngPaste = wsSnap.Range("A2")
rngCopy.Copy rngPaste
Set rngPaste = wsLocal.Range("A2")
rngCopy.Copy rngPaste

I love the one liner, and I also like that some of the "gotchas" that accompany Worksheet/Range.Paste aren't there with this method.

But what are the formatting ramifications of this?

Specifically: Right now we have a destination range that is General, and we want to preserve that. Most people would just set aside my approach and use Range.PasteSpecial > Values, so as not to affect the destination's formatting. Must I do the same?

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 00:03
Most people would just set aside my approach and use Range.PasteSpecial > Values, so as not to affect the destination's formatting. Must I do the same?

so what are you asking? what the ramifications are for what again? it sounds like you want to know what each of these enums do.....right?

I sure hope @Jon doesn't get mad for me offering help here. I think he told me to stay out of access forums....but he said nothing about this one. Is that right Jon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom