Raspberry Pi (1 Viewer)

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:30
I just got mine, and I'm fiddling with NOOBS. Does anyone else have a Pi, and what are you using it for? I'm thinking of either putting mine behind my TV to access hard drives that will be on my network, or using it in my car as a head unit.

Some

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:30
I currently use 2 raspberry pi's in my home. One as a dedicated NAS using a free operating system called FreeNAS. The second as a media server running Ubuntu.

Considering getting a 3rd and installing CENTos and configure it as a router since I hate the interface that comes with my current one. Port forwarding should never be called application sharing.:banghead:

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Can you enlighten myself and other possible Techno Heathens as to what a Raspberry pi is?

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. It’s a capable little PC which can be used for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also plays high-definition video. We want to see it being used by kids all over the world to learn programming.

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:30
It's the best computer you can buy for $25!

I experimented with RaspBMC (a version of XBMC), and I don't like it so far. I like the way it looks, but for playing music, it acts like a file browser. I'm still shopping for my OS. Hopefully I can find a good one.

Some

Registered User.
Local time
It's the best computer you can buy for $25!

I experimented with RaspBMC (a version of XBMC), and I don't like it so far. I like the way it looks, but for playing music, it acts like a file browser. I'm still shopping for my OS. Hopefully I can find a good one.

What are you going to be using it for?

For media Ubuntu really hasn't ever driven me astray.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
I find this very intriguing, but it seems that the development is still quite at an early stage.

It will be interesting to see how this develops, and the implications and applications for it.

Some

Registered User.
Local time
I find this very intriguing, but it seems that the development is still quite at an early stage.

It will be interesting to see how this develops, and the implications and applications for it.

I know alot of businesses that already use Raspberry Pi's for applications such as inventory managament with they use of a barcode scanner which is great.

Means that very closed systems like inventory management are becoming alot more open to developers.

Would highly recomend you pick one up if you want to learn any form of Linux.

A good place to start is setting up a media server with Ubuntu and seeing where you amibitions takes you from there.

-Some

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:30
A nice little tutorial on creating a website on a Rasberry Pi.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I have to say that although I don't know a great deal about the Raspberry Pi, it is phenomenal value for money.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 05:30
We want to see it being used by kids all over the world to learn programming.

If you push kids in to programming and learning by force or by choice they might not like you.

Programming not necessary for life. But I hear lots about parents wanting kids learn programming for some reason. Do not know what it is. Do we say again, fear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom