re-enabling copy-paste in HTML forms after developer disables it (1 Viewer)

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 12:24
Has anyone noticed this new technique? It's not new of course, but it's a standard now for web developers. I think there's more than one way to do it. It simply ignores the heck out of me. Some developers have caught on, some haven't. Some HTML forms you can copy and paste data from one box to another, and some the functionality has been shut off by the server scripts. One of the replies here in this S/O thread, apparently explains one way that people prevent users from pasting redundancies:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1226574/disable-pasting-text-into-html-form

there are no anchors on that page so I can't post a quick link to the actual response I'm referring to, but it's the one that has '69' votes. to see the post, search the page for the words: Add a class of 'disablecopypaste' to the inputs

he suggests that jQuery is the culprit. I'm sure no one here will know how to do this, but I'm wondering if there is any resource out there to bypass a jQuery solution like this. I'm simply tired of typing data out in forms over and over again, because the criminal underground and/or ignorant user base is growing to the point of insanity and the good guys have to combat it with something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom