Real-Time Forum... (1 Viewer)

Janjang

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:53
this is just a suggestion n my opinion..
i think we need real time forum..i mean we use IRC client to discuss our prob in access like some linux expertist did at Xchat (not remember the server but the channel is #linuxforum, or can check it out at linuxforum.com)
but to do this we need some1 online 24 hours a day..nevermind, i think we can use bot...i will ask some1 to do this...(or i will create it by myself :p, me still linux newbie)

i need your feedback guys...

raskew

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:53
Hey sport,

Run, don't walk to your nearest emergency room! Tell them you are in urgent need of sedation. Let them take it from there.

Bob

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 00:53
Thank you Raskew,
I needed a laugh.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 05:53
Janjang said:
this is just a suggestion n my opinion..
i think we need real time forum...
If we have that then it becomes a chatroom and we will lose many members who log on at work as the site will be blocked by many of the work servers.

Thats the only part of your thread I understood:confused: maybe you need to get out more? start with something simple like walking to the corner shop.

Col

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Maybe we can have a separate chat room, plus the forums?

R

Rich

Vassago said:
Maybe we can have a separate chat room, plus the forums?
We have friendly chats with each other here Vass, what's the problem?:confused:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Rich said:
We have friendly chats with each other here Vass, what's the problem?:confused:

No problems...just thought it might be a nice addition. ;)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Don’t like chat rooms, too instant everyone talks over everyone else at least here it linier.

R

Rich

I suspect the only reason any one would want one here is to try and get instant answers to their Access problems

statsman

Local time
I agree, chatrooms tend to get taken over by people who would want to discuss the football game and where to get the best bargain on shoes.
While I like the idea of "real time" assistance, the down side would be that you can't get through on an Access problem.

T

tphyahoo

here's a microsoft irc anyway...

This is advertised as a microsoft irc channel, and if this is so, likely to have some access knowledge there. Haven't checked it out myself, just bookmarked for future reference. Russians, but everybody speaks english these days so... ???

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:53
ColinEssex said:
If we have that then it becomes a chatroom and we will lose many members who log on at work as the site will be blocked by many of the work servers. Col

Exactly right, Col. I had to get special permission from the IT Gods here to get access to this website.

Janjang

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:53
ColinEssex said:
If we have that then it becomes a chatroom and we will lose many members who log on at work as the site will be blocked by many of the work servers.

hmm...
Blocked by server...

thanks every1...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom