Recent article Future of Access (1 Viewer)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:30
I just saw this link and thought I'd post it for others. The Access materials are of interest and the SQL Editor Addin is something I had not heard of. Has anyone tried same? Comments? This seems along the lines of what Crystal was doing --highlighting/coloring SQL key words, comments etc.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:30
I have developed a sql editor along the lines of the addin, but it works more like the visual studio editor in that it is a separate app that you open and then connect to a backend for the tables and an optional front end for the queries. Not quite ready for release, a few bugs around managing relationships and too many other things going on right now to finish it but hope to have a beta release in a couple or three months

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
@jdraw That's not an Add-in - it is part of the latest Access Release.
You can now search, find and replace in the SQL View window.

They have also added a new searchable table / query viewer to the query designer window;
1589545850907.png

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
That would be so handy.
You get used to writing queries like that in SSMS, then switch back to access and spend 10 minutes re-acquainting yourself with an out of date IDE again.

...Sigh

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@Minty - the addin (or at least the part displayed) is about being able to include comments (don't know about layout) and have keywords etc highlighted. At the Vienna online conference Ebo talked about it as a possibility, perhaps for later this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom